• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Redskins in the Playoffs!

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
No thanks to Gibbs, the skins have made the playoffs!! Collins is making Campbell look bad - too bad we can't get another 10 years out of him. Portis had a great game - nice to see him back in his old form.

Go Skins!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
No thanks to Gibbs, the skins have made the playoffs!! Collins is making Campbell look bad - too bad we can't get another 10 years out of him. Portis had a great game - nice to see him back in his old form.

Go Skins!!
Gotta say - the Skins are looking pretty good right now. Didn't really see any glaring weakness in their game last night. Keep in mind they were playing against the subs, but still.

OP
S

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
Gotta say - the Skins are looking pretty good right now. Didn't really see any glaring weakness in their game last night. Keep in mind they were playing against the subs, but still.

True - but the first half was more or less Dallas' starters, even if they were taking it easy to avoid injury. The skins defense has really stepped up too. As long as we don't turn the ball over, the Skins could win a couple of playoff games this year easily.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
True - but the first half was more or less Dallas' starters, even if they were taking it easy to avoid injury. The Skins defense has really stepped up too. As long as we don't turn the ball over, the Skins could win a couple of playoff games this year easily.
I think the Skins have the corners to at least slow down Seahawks' passing game. If Collins Moss and Cooley continue getting it done, then they should win that game.

I don't see them beating the Packers in the next round.

OP
S

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
I don't see them beating the Packers in the next round.

With the exception of the Bears game, the Packers have been playing very well down the stretch. You may be right - it'll be a great game though.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Couldn't be happier, being that I am a Washington fan in all sports but baseball.

They did in fact play against the Cowboy starters the entire first half and were up 13-3, so it would not appear it made much of a difference. Although the Cowboys were without TO, who was the difference in their last meeting and burned their secondary for 4 TD's. 3 of which he had about 20 yards on the nearest defender. While I would not go so far as to say Gibbs is as good a coach as 20 years ago, I do not think they would have gone this far without him. I think a big part of this season was being able to overcome adversity, which I do not think they would have been able to do as well under any other coach in the league. Nor do I think any other coach would have kept the respect of their players. Granted he made a few mistakes this year that may have directly cost them a couple games, and possible 11 or 12 wins as opposed to 9. You don't get 9 wins in a season such as this without good coaching, and it is certainly more than they have had in the last in 15 years when they were under him as well, with exception to one where they had 10 wins.

Not sure I would care to much if he moves on for next year, assuming they can get a good replacement, but as a longtime Skin's fan I certainly think he has earned the right to make the decision when the time is right. Heck, the Bullets did the same with Wes Unseld and he just drove the team in to the toilet. Gibbs has and always will be a winner in whatever he does, and I think he will know when it is time to move on.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.