• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reflection and necessity...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I know how death can tear a family apart. When my mom died, my sister & brother were like sharks smelling blood in the water. I had to deal with getting my mom home...she died out of state, setting up the funeral, etc. Meanwhile they were ransacking one of her houses..she owned 2. In the end it got very ugly & I have just started to speak to my sister after 12 years. My brother can kiss my ass, haven't spoken to him since & have zero desire to do so.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
To everyone else, I appreciate the comments. It's stuff like this that cements in my mind what a great site this is and will be for a long time.

Thomas
I was just padding my post count.

;)

Glad to hear it's going well, Rock. I hope there will be no surprises and life will simply move on for your whole family.

Sounds like your dad did a good job of raising his children to me!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Good to hear it's going as well as it is so far. The whole first year will be rough, because every event will be the first time without him.

But you'll still have the bull around here to deal with!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I know how death can tear a family apart. When my mom died, my sister & brother were like sharks smelling blood in the water. I had to deal with getting my mom home...she died out of state, setting up the funeral, etc. Meanwhile they were ransacking one of her houses..she owned 2. In the end it got very ugly & I have just started to speak to my sister after 12 years. My brother can kiss my ass, haven't spoken to him since & have zero desire to do so.

Ya, it's crazy. And over what? A bunch of stuff you never had in the first place, right?

From an outsiders perspective, it makes ZERO sense. But it's much different when you're personally involved.

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Ya, it's crazy. And over what? A bunch of stuff you never had in the first place, right?

From an outsiders perspective, it makes ZERO sense. But it's much different when you're personally involved.

R35

Over a bunch of shit is all it amounted to. I walked into my mom's house & my sister was there, she already had a lot of the stuff moved out. Grandfather clock, couch, etc. Now mind you I didn't want a damn thing, as I had zero need for any of it but it would have been nice to be asked. Anyways there were 2 boxes on the kitchen floor & my sister told me I could have those, 1 box was photo albums which i took, the other was full of old cookie cutters.......wtf would I want with those????

There ia whole lot more that went on behind the scenes, my sister pulled some real sneaky & crappy shit. I lived in the 2nd house my mom owned at the time, was in the process of buying it from her when she died. My brothers wife comes over maybe 2 days afterwards & starts telling me what she is going to do with my house. Well I blew a gasket & had it out with her fat ass, literally threw her out of the house. Then when it was all said & done I basically ended up buying both of my siblings out of their share of the house since my mom & I had nothing down in paper. Cost me well over $60,000 when she died, & then what does my brother do, uses the cash to go buy a mini van & then brags to me about the frickin thing. yea dumbass, you bought it with my money!!!!!!!

Anyways it was a horrible horrible time. I am worried about the same thing happening between my wife & her sister when their mom eventually dies. They are both very materialistic & can be major league bitches. I have talked to my mother in-law about making me the executer of her estate since I really don't care what happens to her crap. For all I care everything can get donated to a homeless shelter.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
While it sucks that long term care is so expensive, it might be a blessing in disguise for some families to not have anything left. Its sad to here stories like this.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
While a little late, I extend my condolences to you and your family, may the pain that you feel from this loss turn into cherished memories as time passes.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While a little late, I extend my condolences to you and your family, may the pain that you feel from this loss turn into cherished memories as time passes.

Thanks man. Through one week and things are ok so far.

I wish the snow would melt so I could spend some afternoons thinking about Dad out on the links. I do my best thinking while playing golf. I don't know why.

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
best wishes, T.

Although there's snow here too at the moment, there's a round in KC with your name on it, if by, some unfortunate turn of events you ever find yourself here. :D

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
best wishes, T.

Although there's snow here too at the moment, there's a round in KC with your name on it, if by, some unfortunate turn of events you ever find yourself here. :D

Great gesture, I offer the same.:australia If there's ever anything I can do, just shout out.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.