• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regular flex and 100 mph?

R

rkymtnhgh

Hello all,

Thanks for all your help on my Wishon vs. Nike dilemma. I decided to go with the customized Wishons and love 'em! Couldn't be happier. My Nike Blades will be on eBay shortly!

Now I'm debating whether to go with a regular or stiff flex YS-6 in my next driver. I want either the Nike Ignite 410cc or the Titleist 905T 10.5 with the Graphite Design YS-6+ shaft. After being measured at one of those True Temper shaft labs, I was told that I should be playing a 4.5 flex on the Rifle scale even though my swing speed is 100 mph. Apparently because I have a smooth tempo and a distinct pause at the top of my backswing, I don't load the shaft very much. But looking at the GD website, they say that a 71 - 83 mph swinger should be playing regular, and a 84 to 98 mph swinger is a stiff. I know I could probably take 10 mph off that chart to compensate for my tempo, but does anyone know whether the YS-6 shafts play softer than most others? Any experience with these shafts would be most helpful. Thanks!

longiron

May 2, 2005
Im not real sure about this but i have the 905T and was told because of the shaft through head that a reg-flex shaft is more like stiff and stiff is more like x-stiff. I have the NV 65 in mune and love it. Hope this helps any.

🔥 Latest posts