• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regular partner giving me fits?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
The guy is really starting to piss me off.

Just this year he has developed a bad attitude.....swearing, slamming clubs on the ground when things go wrong.......I do believe this affects me in ways that go beyond simple embarrassment.

I've golfed with him for about 7 years, give or take a few and I think it's time for a change......sigh

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
join at brooklyn and play with me, lol, i'll drive you nuts

seriously, just dont play with that person as much. if you play with him weekly, skip every other week. see if he gets the point. or, just tell him. I cna get like that sometimes, but if someone told me it was affecting them id stop in an instant.

But i better get out of this section now, i shot 72 in the club championship today and lost, ouch

got my sand wedge stuck in a tree when i threw it tho, and im not usually the kind of player to do that. maybe he's got something else on his mind

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You know the guy I'm talking about Neal.....

We're in the men's club together but I am going to give him the brush off for the next couple of weeks before I lose my mind.

I had 2 birds today.....never done that before in my life and still I shot 104.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Wow, that's interesting. He seemed like he was the kind to not let an errant shot bother him(I was having trouble restraining myself that day though, so i wasnt exactly seeing through clear eyes). Anyway, it's tough to play with guys like that(i used to be one, im not so bad anymore after seeing how bad it is to watch it), so try to find another group of guys to play with. We gonna hit up river ridge sometime before the end of the year?

I shot 34 on the back with 3 birds, is that good for anything?

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
River ridge? It's just ok.

Save your sheckles Neal, I have my eye on Lake of Isles. :)

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
oh jeez. I just bought another 2 sets of irons. im going up to play blackledge in hebron tomorrow, if it's any good maybe we can work something out. i think LOI is a little more than i can justify spending for a round of golf

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
How do you differentiate between spending shed loads of cash on zillions of clubs that you do not need and spending $125 to play a pristine course which you also do not need?

:p

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Sling, I started to get a little over the top with my anger some rounds late into last year and finally started to chill out when I realized that people were starting to look at me funny and kinda give me dirty looks when I got upset.

I also started to slow it down after I read Zen Golf and the part about making another category on my scorecard for "Angry Reactions" (same as for putts, GIR, fairways, etc) and I realized how often I was doing it. That immediately started to drop it until I basically was doing no more than starting to feel angry when I'd start to curb it...just so that I wouldn't have to mark anything down on my card. It's made all of my regular partners more happy.

Print my post and take it to your friend!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Sling, I haven't been golfing for very long (4 months) but I'm already dropping my partner as well, for the same reasons.

He begged me to start golfing, so he would have someone to play with; then everytime we play, he ruins the day by bitching about the course, the price, the heat, the bugs, the water, and his game. Four hours of that gets a bit wearing on the nerves.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ha!

In spite of the company I keep we managed to come in second place (net)

I won the kicker and 2 net skins for a grand total of $131 in pro shop credit....sweet.

I had my eye on an ogio stand bag for $169, I don't have to work tomorrow, guess where I'm going. ;)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Great job Sling!

Next time you play with your partner tell him he has to wear a shottalk thong. Maybe it'll bring out his softer side.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That's part of the problem......he'd play nude if I'd let him.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Hey Sling, i played Blackledge tomorrow. Have you ever played it? It's in Hebron, so it's a drive for both of us, but it's a fantastic course, and if you have a chance to play during the week the rates are very reasonable. LMK if you're interested

🔥 Latest posts