• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Relocating for Work

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
I'd agree with WBL, being military I've lived in 12 different place and found something to love about each of them....it can be a pain in the butt, however the experience usually outways the pain.

OP
Glenn70

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Calhoun beat me to it.....where in SC are you thinking about?? We can throw out the pros of most areas of the state. Of course some have been covered, cost of living, affordable housing, weather, taxes are relatively inexpensive. Depending on the areas you choose you can live very close to most cities and still be in a fairly rural area.

I am 15 minutes from downtown Columbia, live in a neighborhood with a golf course, in a pretty rural area. I drive further to get to my job than I do to eat and shop and stuff. Great part about Columbia I am 4 hours from the mountains and 2 hours from the beach.

Jason

Sorry for the delayed response...was traveling this past week.

The move would be to Greenville. I'm down there at least twice a month and love it. Beautiful area and lots to do.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
G-Vegas.....that is a good spot. It is really nice after the refurbish of downtown, lots of new restaurants and such. They definately have lots to do...concerts....baseball....clemson chicks. Keep us updated...maybe we can get some of the other folk from SC to play a round of golf.

Jason

OP
Glenn70

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Will do.

Just came back from another business trip to Greenville today. Last night I was sitting out in front of a restaurant on Main St having drinks and eating dinner...it was 70 degrees. I was wearing shorts and short sleeved shirt. It was sweet. Got off the plane today in NJ, 45-50 degrees, and rainy. Not sweet.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.