• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Renewed confidence

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
I have renewed confidence in my swing and golf instructor. I had a lesson yesterday and it went pretty well. Went something like this:

"Well your backswing is perfect - It's everything after that needs work" :)

Need to focus on getting my hips turned back around a little quicker and stay low.

-th

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Golf isn't something you pick up overnight. It takes time, patience and some grit.

Lessons are sweet. It may seem like alot to take in right now, but you pull small pieces from it and put them together slowly.

Then, one day, you just get it.

Or, you think you get it anyways....:D

R35

OP
token_hottie

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Rockford35 said:
It takes time, patience and some grit.

For my next lesson I will be sure to wear a watch, take some blood pressure meds and rub sand in my hair.

Then watch 'em fly down the fairway... :D

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Great comeback.
At first lessons seem like they don't work. If the instructor is good you will start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel after a few and it gets better from there.

OP
token_hottie

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Upon reading my first post over again, it comes off rather sarcastic, and I didn't mean it that way - it really was a good lesson!

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
i am still working on points from my video lessons in 2004, slowly coming to now!!!, patience and hard work is what its all about and co-ordination

my teacher is Adrain Fryer

www.adrianfryergolf.com

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hang in there Hottie...the first move down from the top is really important....power in the game comes from the legs and hips. The arms and hands just follow along... He's giving you great advice.

Its great you have a good grip and set up.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Also, even once you've got it, there is no guarantee that you won't lose it again.

Little changes in your swing can creep in, and you won't even know it unless you have a expert watch you, preferably on video from 2 angles and in slow motion, or you're Ben Hogan.

Last week Dana pointed out to me on his video where my head was not staying behind the ball. This in turn was making me speed up my hands in an effort to not get stuck. I had the fastest clubhead-closing rotation with my hands he had ever measured (not a good thing) and it was one of the reasons I would sometimes get a 100 yard hook with a 8 iron. Made a world of difference.

🔥 Latest posts