• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Repair those pitchmarks.....

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
It is frustrating to see stuff like pitch marks being unrepaired, especially when you can see that it was a mark made by one dropping down from the sky. You'd think the golfer would know that he left a mark, especially if the ball didn't move far from the mark. Ugh.

Yesterday at hole 9 I hit a nice 6-iron that splattered the green. I got up there, my ball was only 6 feet from the mark I had made, and I repaired it. Then when walking off the green, I noticed two deep foot imprints and a divot by the edge in the bunker. It's winter and they don't have rakes out, but I simply stopped, and was able to use my soft spikes to rake that jerk's bunker remains. Took me all of 15 seconds with my left leg on the fringe, and my right foot raking.

WTF? It's like, I mean, my goodness, just 15 seconds to prevent another player from finding their ball in the craters left behind. That was all it took.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Good lad.

I am seething anytime I see a big, unrepaired pitchmark. I have even gone as far as removing the pitchmarks notice - which states the length of time taken for a green to repair a pitchmark / the average number of pitchmarks made per golfer (8) & what this will relate to if X amount of rounds are played, etc. - and have stuck it up on the main clubhouse noticeboard & underlined the "Repair Your Pitchmarks" bit & added an exclamation mark to it.

Hopefully now more people will take heed........:mad:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I pretty much will repair my own ball mark and any ball mark I find whether it be just my own or 5 others. As long as it does not become a distraction to my playing partners, or slow play down, or cause me to cross anothers line. Putting is a better part of my game, so it is well worth my time. Not like I graze around the entire green looking for others, but I make sure I find my own and fix any others I find in the process.

token_hottie said:
For those of us that don't know better (I may be the only one)... is there a good book/website with basic golfing etiquette that someone could recommend?
http://www.usga.org/playing/etiquette/etiquette.html

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.