• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Report: Donald Trump to build second course at Scotland resort

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
ablogs_golf_com__a_6a00d8341caaef53ef017c36d33326970b_800wi_.jpg
Let's play two.

Donald Trump says that golfers are so gaga to play his Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeen, Scotland that he needs to build a second course on the site. According to Bloomberg.com, Trump has submitted the plans for another 18 holes to the Aberdeen Council, just seven months after the first one opened.

The Donald hopes to lure a Ryder Cup and/or a British Open to Trump International Golf Links, his $1.17 billion Scottish golf resort, according to the article.

Trump’s proposals for the new course, which will be named after his Scottish-born mother Mary MacLeod, were presented to Aberdeenshire Council, the developer said today in an e-mailed statement. The 18-hole track would stretch up to 7,540 yards on the southern end of Trump’s 1,400-acre Menie Estate, 10 miles north of Aberdeen on Scotland’s northeast coast.

Trump, whose mother was born on the island of Lewis, spent more than 100 million pounds building the first 18 holes, restoring the estate and carrying out infrastructure work. He's built a 22-acre driving range, a 3,000 square-meter putting green and a 10,000 square-meter short-game practice area.

More than 10,000 golfers played the links course from July through October, trumpeted Trump, adding that he will try to host the British Open or the Ryder Cup. Bookings for 2013 have risen 55 percent from a year ago, he said.

“The unprecedented demand to play our championship course has accelerated our plans to build the second course,” Trump said in the statement.
Photo: Donald Trump at a photo shoot during the construction of his first Scotland golf course in 2010 (Getty Images).

Source: Report: Donald Trump to build second course at Scotland resort

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
If I had that kind of cash I'd build my own personal course that only myself and friends could play. Maybe host a tourney or two every year to add to the mystique of the course

even if i had the money i wouldn't do that....hehe, i'll just play all the tourney courses that is already in place...:D

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
With all the money he has, he should just build a course on the moon.
Hole 1:
3,257 yds.
Par 4

🔥 Latest posts