• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Report: Tiger Woods to play Honda Classic, his new hometown event

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
ablogs_golf_com__a_6a00d8341caaef53ef017c36d0ac6f970b_800wi_.jpg
Tiger Woods will play in the Honda Classic at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens later this month, according to Katie Johnson of WPTV-News in West Palm Beach, Fla.

The golfer is expected to announce Tuesday that he'll be competing in the 2013 Honda Classic at PGA National.

ESPN 760 confirmed the details Monday evening.

Woods' announcement will be followed by a news conference from officials with the Honda Classic.
Woods added the Honda Classic at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens to his schedule in 2012. After he shot a 62 on the final day to finish second behind Rory McIlroy, it's not surprising that he's playing there again this year. The tournament is also a home game for Woods, who lives in nearby Jupiter Island on Florida's Atlantic coast, and he said last year that he enjoyed commuting to the course from his home instead of a hotel.

"We travel quite a bit for our sport, and we spend a lot of time on the road. So it's always nice to have time to be able to play and stay at home at the same time. I think it's great to have an opportunity, because you can have your friends and family come out. We don't have that chance; we don't spend half the season at home like most professional teams do. We are always on the road. So it's nice to have them out and watching and supporting."
Woods' participation boosted ticket sales by 30 percent last year, according to WPTV-News. Defending champion McIlroy will be in the Honda Classic field as well.

Photo: Tiger Woods smiles after making an eagle on the third hole during his final-round 62 at the 2012 Honda Classic (Getty Images).

Source: Report: Tiger Woods to play Honda Classic, his new hometown event

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
When Tiger was in his white hot form prior to "Elin-gate", I used to pull for the "other guy" whomever that other guy was at the time. I got sick of him winning everything.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've changed my views. I've realised that the guy is good for the game. When he turns out for a tournament there's a huge buzz in the air. Once he's gone from the gone, he's gone forever. I remember being in awe of Greg Norman & getting complacent & thinking (like everyone else) that he would win the Masters "one day". Then all of a sudden his time came & he was gone.

Go Tiger!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
When Tiger was in his white hot form prior to "Elin-gate", I used to pull for the "other guy" whomever that other guy was at the time. I got sick of him winning everything.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've changed my views. I've realised that the guy is good for the game. When he turns out for a tournament there's a huge buzz in the air. Once he's gone from the gone, he's gone forever. I remember being in awe of Greg Norman & getting complacent & thinking (like everyone else) that he would win the Masters "one day". Then all of a sudden his time came & he was gone.

Go Tiger!!
Glad to see you coming around! I've been saying this for years now!

With Michael Jordan turning 50 this weekend I am reminded of how much I loved watching him play! When he was gone the NBA was basically dead to me! I tried watching but it wasn't the same, I really hope that doesn't happen with the PGA when Tiger leaves!

Members online