• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reshafted my driver today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I simply have no control swinging the TM so i decided to have the Grafalloy shaft pulled out & get something a bit more like a jump rope for me to swing. The guys at the Golf Shack seem to know what the heck they are talking about & I haven't heard anyone say negative stuff regarding the shop so I went with their opinion on a shaft for me. Proforce 65 is what I ended up with & I thought it was a pretty decent deal too. $60 installed with a new TM grip. Will give it a shot at the driving range tomorrow & see if it works better or if I just wasted $60.

I know it's not the latest & greatest shaft out there, but then neither is my golf game.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Is this the place on Odana rd in Madison?

If so, they have a pretty good reputation of customer support...and they have the little repair area on the left side of the store (behind the putters).

Overall, I'd tend to trust them as opposed to Dicks over at the mall near you.

But, if you need more extensive help, there is a clubfitter also on Odana St between the Mall and Golf shack....who has got a pretty good rep.

Plus I know of a VERY good clubfitter, Class "A" PCS fitter near Yahara Golf Course who I'd HIGHLY recommend.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I visited the golf shack in Rockford last year when i was there for work - i thought there staff was more knowledgable than many other large stores i've been to

i'm not sure how different the proforce is compared to the blue, nut look forward to seeing your comments

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I had a stiff ProForce 65 in my Tour Edge Exotics for awhile last summer. That is a beast. But maybe a regular flex is easier to load. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nice shaft, VERY stiff. But you can still get it to kick. I like it better than it's successor

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Is this the place on Odana rd in Madison?

If so, they have a pretty good reputation of customer support...and they have the little repair area on the left side of the store (behind the putters).

This is the one on the east side next to Pedro's. I have also ben in the one on Odana but the east is a heck of a lot closer for me.

Going to hit the range later on this morning & then might play 9 after my wife gets off work. I just regripped her new clubs this morning already. Picked up a set of Golden Bears from GG for $20 & they look almost like new. I took her to Pinecrest which is a par 3 in The Dells the other day & she shot a 63, not very good but she liked it & is slowly learning how to hit the ball.

Members online

No members online now.