• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reshafting irons.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Have only had 1 club reshafted & that was a driver, looking to get my Callaway X-18's reshafted. The current rebar shafts are ridiculously stiff & simply wont work with my slow swing speed....currently 92-94 mph with a driver, no idea on swing speed with irons.

Anyhoo, I really like the graphite shafts in my Cleveland clubs so am thinking I would like to stay with a graphite shaft in a regular flex, I have stiff flex in my woods & they work great but I guarantee I don't have the speed for stiff with the irons. What would be a good shaft to go with that won't cost me an arm & a leg? And does anyone have a guess on how much a shop like Golf Galaxy might charge to reshaft 8 irons?

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Callaway irons are more expensive than most since they are a bore through design. Most places will charge $20-$25 dollars per club to install shafts, you then have the price of the shafts, and grips to add on to that charge. It can work out to about half of the cost of a new set with graphite shafts in them already (that way they are still under warranty), or close to the price of a pre-owned set that is already shafted with graphite.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
WiGolfer---Have not followed new graphites shafts specifically. I do know they are vastly improved from past years. Also because of their lighter weight if you want the same swing weight they will have to be roughly 1/2" longer.

As for the shaft what are you looking for?? Trajectory, weight, etc.

I have my Hogan Apex plus irons shafted with Aldila Tour Gold Graphites and have been happy. These are an older release shaft and I'm sure there are better. shafts being offered now.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
Golf galaxy charges $79.95 to do a set of irons, i just got 9 irons done 2 weeks ago for that price at the golf galaxy in saint louis

🔥 Latest posts