• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Retail Failures

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This is in reply to SUX in another thread....feel free to add your experiences with retail establishments.

Best Buy, oh how i hate thee.

Alright, here is the story about why i hate Best Buy.

I have had 3 total encounters with Best Buys customer service. I will outline these experiences here:

1. I had done a lot of research online about a particular P&S camera and had decided that i wanted to buy that particular camera. I go into BB and ask about that particular camera, the guy in the camera dept tells me they don't carry that particular model...

So after i show him that yes, he does in fact carry that particular model he takes approximately 15 minutes to figure out that they don't currently have that camera in stock. I ask him if i could order it in or get a rain check, or possibly even pull it in from another store in the area, barring that could they tell me if another store close has one?

15 minutes later this guy comes back with an answer, that a store 20 minutes away has one, and they already put in the request to have it come to this store that were in. Alright, i could have just run over there and grabbed it, but i guess i'll wait for you to call me when the camera comes in. I paid for the camera in advance to assure that it would be saved for me when it got to the store.

4 days later i get a call stating that the camera i ordered is in. I left immediately as i wasn't doing anything else. They promptly inform me once i arrive that they do NOT have my camera in stock. However, they will 'do me a favor'(exact words) and allow me to purchase the camera 1 model up from the model i wanted, for the price difference. :confused:

So...you guys fvck up hardcore....call me in(half hour drive) specifically to get this camera, and the 'favor' you are going to do me is paying full price for the camera above the model i want? :thumbs up: Sit and spin on that mother****er

After causing a major scene, which i really hate doing but at this point i was ready to mow people down especially the store manager who kept saying "What do you want me to do sir?". They miraculously find the correct camera 'hidden in the back room'...

2. An ex girlfriend of mine(while we were dating) bought a laptop computer from BB. The hard drive takes a dump literally 2 weeks into using it. She bought the extended plan or whatever thats supposed to take care of all labor and parts for a year or something i don't remember exactly, this was a while ago. I remember knowing that this wasn't supposed to cost us a damn thing.

The grand ol homey's at the 'geek squad help desk' refused to fix anything for her. So i took it in with her and explained very politely that she purchased the wizbang deal, and that they would be honoring it. They proceeded to 'run tests' on the laptop for about a half hour. This is after i already told them what the problem was....4 times.

They come back to us and say, well, the hard drive seems to be malfunctioning. No ****ing shit? You cannot ****ing be serious...OMFG i'm not sure what i would have done without this guy....****ing idiot

He then attempts to tell me that their(exact words) 'comprehensive protection plan does not cover hard drive failures'. He then stares at me while the vein in my head is at the point of exploding....i calmly express that if their 'COMPREHENSIVE' protection plan doesn't cover it, does the 1 year warranty from the factory cover it?

15 minutes later he explains to me that yes, the 1 year warranty will cover the hard drive. However, they will need some amount of money to send it in and fill out the paperwork....i was so ****ing pissed that i just paid the mother****er what he wanted, caused another scene and was done with it.

3. When they get the computer back, they convince her that she needs more RAM in the computer. She wasn't real bright, so she lets them put it in.

2 months later, the Ram takes a shit.

I shit you not we got through the exact same scenario as number 2 issue with this ****ing shit hole of a retail establishment. I tell them 5 times when i take the piece of ****ing shit computer into them that the RAM is ****ed up. This ****ing moron proceeds to 'run tests' which i'm convinced is code for rubbing their collective 3 inches of dicks together in the back room while fondling a floppy disk drive and finger banging a DVD burner whilst using the power supply to shock their ****ing prepubescent testicles.

He comes back out and tells me, 'Well, i'm pretty sure the RAM is bad...but it might just be the screen" WTMF YOU DUMB MOTHER****ER IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DISPLAY YOU ****ING MORON ITS THE ****ING SHITTY ASS ****ING RAM YOU DUMBASSES ATTEMPTED TO 'upgrade' this worthless ****ing box with.....****

Then we go through the whole 'Their comprehensive protection plan does not cover RAM malfunctions' MOTHER OF ****ING GOD i wanted to rip his ****ing balls off every time he said the word 'comprehensive' because he obviously doesn't understand it.

THAT is why i hate those ****ing morons and refuse to spend another dollar there ever again in my life.

Cliff notes:

Best buy sucks nuts

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wooow.

Our "comprehensive" plan doesn't cover... anything. Sorry, sir!

Which is exactly why i never have bought any 'extended protection' plans from any of the retailers. Its almost 100% profit for them and 90% of the time doesn't have any real advantages....huge waste of money.

39 views, 1 reply....was hoping for some one else to share some retail horror stories...

I almost had to drop kick this lazy **** at Wal-Mart the other night.

I stood at the sporting goods counter for 20 minutes, randomly walking around looking for someone to help me. I wanted to buy a bike for my daugther as a birthday present but the one they had on display was missing some parts. Once i finally found this lady, i told her i was interested in purchasing a bike, but the display model was missing parts so i wanted one from the back if they had any. She explains that the display models are just fine, that i should take the display.

She follows me over to the rack, i show her which one i want. She says she needs one of their hand held devices to check for stock. Ok, no problem i said, i'll stay here while you go get that. So another 15 minutes pass by and she walks by the isle doesn't say a word to me...i follow her and ask her if she had found the hand held stock checker deal yet. Uh..i guess she forgot about me. 5 minutes later shows up with a 'stock checker thing'. So if anyone is following along, i have now been in the store for 40 minutes to buy a bike and i still don't even know if they have any more in back.

She fiddles with this whizzbang device for about another 5 minutes scanning the bar code several times while looking much like a monkey ****ing a football. She says, yes, we have 5 more in back. I say, "Awesome, could i get one of those please?". Shes not sure...she has to talk to her manager...

10 minutes later(yes folks were drawing in on an hour and still no bike) she shows up and lets me know i might as well take the display model because the 5 in back are on the tallest shelf and she doesn't know how to get them down. I explain to her once again, and demonstrate to her that the bike is missing pieces and the only way i was taking the display model is if i got it for free. She then cops an attitude explaining to me that the front brake lever and brake pads were 'probably like 5 bucks or something' and that she could NOT give me a discount on the floor model as it was store policy.

More conversation and convincing i finally get her to go in back to see if one of the stock boys could get a bike down for her.

15 minutes later she shows up with a bike in a box, in a cart. She looks at me, points at the cart, and walks away. I say thanks, no reply.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Hee hee :)

I get the same shit every time I go in to CVS to get a Crestor prescription refilled. I have to spell my name to the bimbo at least 4 times, the she tells me it's not ready yet. I say, why not, it was called in 3 days ago. She says, oh, I thought you meant it was called in today! Oh yes, Crestor? It's right here. O...........K..........

She brings it to the counter, and says, you know this is $105? Maybe I looked poor, as after working 12 hours, I was a little the worse for wear. I give her the WTF do I care, as there is nothing I can do about that look, and say nothing. I felt like saying I make over a $100K a year, bitch, just give me the ****ing pills, but I just slid my diamond encrusted titanium Visa card through the slot and waited for her to find the right key to push.

I have GOT to find a better pharmacy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I used to get upset at retail employees who are/were a brick short of a full ****house. Then, I came to the realization this is nothing I can fix. Retail has found they can hire cheap help... less than professional help... and not suffer substantially for it. The big national box stores started this trend and have championed the escalation of this practice. The ability to hire part-time, no benefit, less than competent employees assist in them being able to undersell the small retailers who tried to hire professionals. And... even though we gripe about it... we'll continue trading at the WalMarts, Costcos, Targets, Best Buys, etc. to save a few bucks. If we trade there... if we expect "cheap"... that's what we're gonna get.

I've also come to the realization that it does no good to boycott a specific retailer. I have a political issue with Target. So, if I don't trade there, will Target miss my annual $50.00 to $100.00 I would spend there? Of course not! WalMart would not miss a beat if, due to poor customer service, I purchased elsewhere. I'm not about to take additional money... my money... out of my pocket to buy more expensive just due to employees or policies. Again, the big boxes won't miss my dollars near as much as I'll miss the premium I would spend elsewhere. So, I'll put up with the incompetency and, for the most part, try to have fun with the mentally challenged that work for the big box stores.

I am, also, not above asking for a supervisor, manager, company rep, even the CEO. Of course, many of the supervisors are merely incompetents with tenure. I'll keep asking until I find someone who will listen.

My pet peeve, in retail, is not the challenged folks who work there. My pet peeve is retail customers... the general public. If you are in an 12 items or less check out aisle with a full cart, I'll ask you about it. Makes you look like you can't count... just like some of those dumb retail employees. If you insist on writing a check, today, have the thing made out except for the amount before the items are checked through the register. Most, today, pay with cash or plastic. Those few who do still pay by check seem to wait until everything is rung up... the cashier announces the amount... the customer has to repeat the amount in questions form... the cashier verifies the amount... then, the customer has to fish through a purse the size of a Dolly Parton bra cup to find a checkbook. Have it ready!!! Don't hold up the entire line due to your inability to think ahead more than 15 seconds.

Don't tell the cashier the price of potatos or tomatos is too high... and carry on a 10 minute conversation about how things have gone up. It ain't the cashier's fault. Get him/her sidetracked and they will, invariably, push a wrong register button and have to call for a manager. That delays the line another 10 minutes. Keep your mouth shut, pay, get the he** out of the way!!

I park out in the "north 40" of the parking lot because I don't want your mutilated piece of crap Corolla anywhere near where it can door-ding my Silverado. If there are rows and rows of empty parking spaces between my truck and the nearest parked car... don't park right next to mine. I know it's a "free" country and you can park anywhere you want. I also have the "freedom" of speech and I may insult your ability to discern why I didn't want you... or anyone... parking next to me. And, don't you dare leave a shopping cart out in the nether regions of the parking lot. If you park out here, take your shopping cart back to a cart receptacle. Otherwise, a gust of wind could blow the cart into another person's vehicle.

Common sense and courtesy. Both have become scarcities. Customer service??? Non-existent. We, as individuals, can't change it. So, we must learn to deal with it or it'll drive us nuts. Life is way too short to spend much time and effort stewing about a retail stock clerk whose own thought capacity is equal to that of the smiley face on the "Welcome To WalMart" button on his/her blue smock.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
You're right, Limp. Might as well have fun at the rube's expense.

30 Ways to Have an Extra-Specially Fun Time At WalMart!

1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.

2. Get boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they don't realize it.

3. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.

4. Run up to an employee (preferably a male) while squeezing your legs together and practically yell at him "I need some tampons."

5. Try on bras over top of your clothes.

6. Make a trail of orange juice on the ground, leading to the restrooms.

7. While walking around the store, sing in your loudest voice possible, "I smell sex and candy!"

8. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.

9. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10."

10. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

11. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

12. Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles.

13. Put M&M's on layaway.

14. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.

15. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.

16. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.

17. Nonchalantly "test" the brushes and combs in cosmetics.

18. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"

19. Look right into the security camera, and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.

20. Take up an entire aisle in Toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes vs. the X-Men.

21. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.

22. While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.

23. Switch the men's and women's signs on the doors of the restrooms.

24. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from "Mission:Impossible."

25. Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.

26. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna" look with various funnels.

27. Hide in the clothing racks and when people browse through, say things like "pick me !! pick me!!" and scare them into believing that the clothes are talking to them.

28. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "No, no! It's those voices again!"

29. Go to an empty checkout stand and try to check people out.

30. Drag a lounge chair on display over to the magazines and relax. If the store has a food court, buy a soft drink; explain that you don't get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh gah. I really want to try some of those at Wal-Mart.

Yeah, Best Buy sucks! I had a rebate issue where I had a $250 rebate, guaranteed. Except not. They were absolutist that they didn't give $250 rebates on computers. Even when I brought them the EXACT THING guaranteeing the rebate, they didn't want to honor it. Well, after some choice words...they did.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I just send my wife in when we have these kind of problems. About five minutes is all it takes her to "fix" things.... :thumbs up:

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I learned a long time ago that there is no customer service in any of the big box stores. It just ain't gonna happen.You'll save a couple of bucks on the purchase, but you need to know what you're buying don't expect the employees to know anything, they ain't gonna fix anything if there's a problem, etc. It comes with buying everything in China and having a business model that focuses on cheap.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
When talking to two different BB employees getting to totally different answers about one product.. The wife best friend got bent over and raped with a lap top she bought..Didn't work and she bought the warranty and they still took 8 months to fix the puter tight.

🔥 Latest posts