• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Review of Accuflex Creation shaft in a Cobra F9

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
First things first. A big thanks to Jerry (WBL) who very kindly acted as my club builder on this little project. This shaft was on close-out sale and I had always been curious about it. Jerry bought it for me in the US, gripped it and put on a Cobra adapter. He even shipped it to Ireland, so I owe him for this one, big time!

I was away on business when it arrived but I have now had a few sessions with it so happy to share with you guys my experiences. Up to now, I have been using the stock HZRDUS shaft in stiff that I originally bought with the Cobra. I have my club set to 1.5 degrees more loft so coming out at 12 degrees and still hitting low to medium shots. It's not a bad shaft I guess but I'm not giddy about it either so I was curious to try this one as it was higher launching.

First off, it looks amazing, a beautiful chrome finish with nice decals. It certainly looks lush! I initially tried this on a simulator against the HZRDUS and came to the following conclusions:

It spins more (about 500rpm more on average)
It launches higher
It is straighter and feels wonderfully smooth
Overall, my distances were about the same, slightly more carry and less roll.

I was off work yesterday so I took it out on a cold windy day for a test drive for 9 holes. On the downwind, crosswind holes, it was money. Into the wind, it climbed like a snake on speed. I lost a lot of distance to my normal strike. So I'm not loving the higher spin. It's still early days as I get to know it a little better. I really want to like this, as it looks awesome, but it has to work, right?

On an interesting side note my son was killing it. He has a much higher swing speed and ball speed but hits a very low rope hook. He got better launch angles out of this and better spin rates and was much straighter. He was loving it. So I think I know how this story is going to end.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
First things first. A big thanks to Jerry (WBL) who very kindly acted as my club builder on this little project. This shaft was on close-out sale and I had always been curious about it. Jerry bought it for me in the US, gripped it and put on a Cobra adapter. He even shipped it to Ireland, so I owe him for this one, big time!

I was away on business when it arrived but I have now had a few sessions with it so happy to share with you guys my experiences. Up to now, I have been using the stock HZRDUS shaft in stiff that I originally bought with the Cobra. I have my club set to 1.5 degrees more loft so coming out at 12 degrees and still hitting low to medium shots. It's not a bad shaft I guess but I'm not giddy about it either so I was curious to try this one as it was higher launching.

First off, it looks amazing, a beautiful chrome finish with nice decals. It certainly looks lush! I initially tried this on a simulator against the HZRDUS and came to the following conclusions:

It spins more (about 500rpm more on average)
It launches higher
It is straighter and feels wonderfully smooth
Overall, my distances were about the same, slightly more carry and less roll.

I was off work yesterday so I took it out on a cold windy day for a test drive for 9 holes. On the downwind, crosswind holes, it was money. Into the wind, it climbed like a snake on speed. I lost a lot of distance to my normal strike. So I'm not loving the higher spin. It's still early days as I get to know it a little better. I really want to like this, as it looks awesome, but it has to work, right?

On an interesting side note my son was killing it. He has a much higher swing speed and ball speed but hits a very low rope hook. He got better launch angles out of this and better spin rates and was much straighter. He was loving it. So I think I know how this story is going to end.

I hadn't heard from you figuring it had to be two weeks and was afraid you might have been in some cold Chinese prison on spying charges or something. Glad you're trying it. I assume you've tried lower loft settings already. One more idea is the weights on the bottom of the head. If you haven't already try the heavy one towards the face. Keep us informed.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I really want to like this, as it looks awesome, but it has to work, right?
NO!!! Golf clubs MUST "look good" to work!! The only reason to upgrade clubs or shafts is to have some that look better! Use the shaft that will do a better job of making people swoon as they say, "Look at that shaft! He's got to be a touring pro!":D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
NO!!! Golf clubs MUST "look good" to work!! The only reason to upgrade clubs or shafts is to have some that look better! Use the shaft that will do a better job of making people swoon as they say, "Look at that shaft! He's got to be a touring pro!":D
Again, limp has "nailed it". See what this says on it?

3a.jpg

🔥 Latest posts