• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Review of X-20 Tours

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Ok,I suppose.Typically large clunky Callaway head,thick top line but sit well at address.The Project X 6.0 were great,didn't feel that stiff tbh.The feel of the face though was lovely,almost blade like and the trajectory was good.Very,very good iron if you like that head design.No one really makes bad irons anymore,its just a matter of taste,and to me the Callaways have always been a bit chunky.You can't see the cavity at address though.

Shafts just feel like S300s to me,no real difference

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Mods,sorry my mistake,please move to the ho'ing den

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Btw,my Ping i3 blades have a smaller head and thinner top line,and feel more solid,not as soft as the X-20s but a more solid strike and the flight seemed identical

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I think the club to look for from Cally is the new forged model. From what I understand they are a complete 180 from the current large chunky look.

Side note, although the top line is pretty damn thick, I did notice that it has two finishes; half polished, half brushed. I thought the two finishes tricked the eye a bit and helped with the look at address.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
These were the Tour forged,the top of the line.Very very soft blade like strike,very nice club.Just to chunky for me.

As for Project X in a 6,I don't know what all the fuss is about tbh,just another shaft to me,they all play to simialr to make a real judgement,the S300,Project X and Rifle 6,I can't tell the difference,maybe the S300s a bit lower,then the Projects then the Rifles,not much in it though

winders

Sep 23, 2006
dave,

Okay, you have me confused....

Was this a review of the cast X-20 Tour irons or the forged X-Forged irons?

The subject of this post says one thing then in your last post your say another....

The X-Forged have a thin top line!

Scott

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
dave,

The subject of this post says one thing then in your last post your say another....

Scott

I'm confused as well.

It might just be a California thing... :D

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
dave,

Scott

It will have been the X20 tours as the X-Forged are not out over here yet.

Strange that a cast iron by big old chunky Callaway feels softer than a forged Ping blade???

I think this has something to do with the Project X shafts. I recieved my X14 Pro's with PX 5's in this week and they feel superb better than my X Tours, must be the shafts?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Dunno,can't be bothered to ring him and ask

Good clubs anyway,just not for me.The soft strike might be the shafts,certainly didn't have the clunky hard Callaway feel.Probably to soft for me even the project X 6.0 in

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I think this thread is now dead,considering no one knows what clubs I am reviewing:)

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Anyway,I've reviewed the Project X,nothing special imho

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Bought from a national retailer,so nope,not knock off

txgolfer130

Jan 17, 2007
Just bought a set of the X-20T's with 6.0's, and I love them. I can't work them like my 67's, and they don't have anywhere near the feel/feedback of the Mizuno's. But these sticks are money, and are working great with the turf conditions that I've been hacking it around in lately. The wider sole (same as X-Tour), took a bit getting used to, but the ball flight is awesome with the Project X's, and each ball comes off with the same trajectory. The face is harder, the top line for sure is larger than Mizuno's, but you can't see the cavity at address, and the overall look and feel of the smaller heads are very pleasing. Now if they could only thin that topline a little more, these would be running a close 2nd to the X-Forged.

I miss my 67's, but for now, the X-20T's have found the spot in the bag...and I dont' know when the 67's will be getting back in. They are that good. :faintthud

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.