• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Review: Tourswing Infringer + nVentix Nunchuck

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
I promised Rory that I'd put up a review of the new driver I've bought from him recently. I will admit upfront that I don't buy too many golf clubs -- I tend to stick to a club for a long time for consistency's sake. I haven't bought a new set of irons for quite a while. (I know, downright un-American of me.) The only club I tend to buy more of than 'typical' is putters, but since it is used for so many strokes, I tried a pretty wide variety before I settled on one for this season.

That said, when I started seeing reviews of the Nunchuck shaft, I was definitely intrigued. I really liked the idea of eliminating the 'kick' and having a shaft designed with stability first and foremost. Again, I usually don't spend money quite like this, but I decided I needed to give it a try. So, I contacted Rory to build one with an older head. Unfortunately, the older head I thought would be a good (and thrifty!) buy was out of stock, and Rory convinced me to try Tourswing's newest head, the Infringer.

So, while I cannot be sure how much of the results are the head versus the shaft, I can say that I am extremely pleased with the club today. The shaft really does have a different feel -- I get a lagging feeling rather than the flexing that other shafts I swing. In fact, I've usually played stiffer shafts than I probably should have in order to avoid that flexing feeling that I never cared for. This shaft gives a feeling of smoothness that I didn't know was out there.

The head itself is very forgiving. In getting used to the new feeling of the shaft, I certainly wasn't great at hitting it on the screws each time, but the results were still very consistent. And when it is hit on the screws, it is a beautiful line drive/jet taking off trajectory.

I don't have any spin or launch angle numbers -- but I have been able to take it out on league night twice now. As I said above, I am very happy with the club. Per my usual, I suspect that this club will be in the bag for a long time -- though I am now wondering if I shouldn't try a fairway wood and hybrid with a Nunchuck in them.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Glad to hear its working for you BN.

I've got a TM Burner Superfast TP 2.0 with nunchuk on it's way and can't wait to try it out. The 'chuks are getting some big play time here in Aus. And every one that I've spoke to has said they love it more in their fairways than drivers. So there's your answer I'd say. :)

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I tried the Nunchuck myself. Kick, no kick, whatever they would like to tell you, one shaft does not fit all.

In the end you are swinging a 103gram shaft. I think my swing speed dropped 6-8mph. I could see playing it in a fairway wood as those shafts are usually heavier anyway. For a driver, it is simply too heavy.

If they came out with an assortment of weights with the same "no kick tip" technology, I'd definitely be interested in giving that a shot.

For me, it wasn't a miracle-worker.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
In a lot of ways, I'd be happy to drop 3 or 4mph (basically 10 metres or so) if it means a pickup in fairways and / or ball dispersion. If this shaft is what causes that, then I'll be happy to play it. I'm not expecting miracles but as off the tee is a known weakness of mine this shaft/club can't make me much worse.

OP
Bignose

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
Augster, I can completely believe that it is not for everybody. One of the best players in my weekly group really hated the feel, too. I wondered about the one-flex-fits-all, too, and it actually was a big reason I hesitated most of the summer before pulling the trigger. But, in the end, it is a feel that I really like. I really liked the Tour Trac 80 that was in a previous driver, too (along with even heavier TT shafts in my fairway woods and hybrids), so I think that those heavier shafts fit my tastes well. Like I wrote above, I really disliked the flexy back and forth feeling -- and the Nunchuck has none of that. So, I agree with the sentiment of try before you buy, or at least know what you're getting into before you buy.

I will get pics of the new driver up in the near future.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
I hate to dredge up an old thread, but I'm thinkin' of pickin' up an Infringer. Wonderin' if you're still playin' it and what happen to the pics?:)

Also to Auguster, I don't believe in 1 fits all either, but as far as weight, do you remember steel? It wasn't too awful long ago that folks swung heavy, 100g+, steel shafts in their drivers. Tones down that mule kick. I will say that you'll loose some SS mph, but if that helps me hit more fairways, I'd be happy.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The factor that puts me off trying out the Nunchuck shaft is the associated cost. The shaft is outright expensive but then you have to source another driver head with at least 1 degree of loft higher. That's just too much $$ for what is essentially an experiment. It's great if it works but an expensive failed experiment if it doesn't work.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The factor that puts me off trying out the Nunchuck shaft is the associated cost. The shaft is outright expensive but then you have to source another driver head with at least 1 degree of loft higher. That's just too much $$ for what is essentially an experiment. It's great if it works but an expensive failed experiment if it doesn't work.

Expensive and one which will likely have little if any resale value. Still, I'd be curious to try one! :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.