• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rhetorical Thoughts and Propositions

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I was thinking today while tending the BBQ, of a few things that are pretty much a given, but still need to have attention brought to them, but on different levels of thought. I think way too much, especially when i'm alone...

They are, in no specific order.

1) Is the thought of me playing blades next summer inevitable?

2) Is there anyone out there, beside Tiger ("I'm almost there"), that begs to differ on Vijay being #1 in the world now? I mean, cripes, 5 outta the last 6 and 3 in a row.

3) How come BBQ's always have "hot spots" even when they're new?

4) How come it wasn't this nice during the summer?

5) Why did I buy a black car, thinking it would be easier to keep clean than a white one? :sobbash:

6) Is there anything better to drink on a nice day, hovering over the BBQ, than a nice cold beer?

7) Will I be a club ho next season? Will this be my break out year to keep all my equipment for at least 365 days as one single working unit?

8) What will golf technology bring us next?

9) Were there any 'trilogies' better than Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Back to the Future? (i'd give a vote for a fourth with the Die Hards, but the second one pretty much sucked.)

10) Will my putter ever get back to it's glory days? (Ya, i've played maybe 10 rounds with it.... ;) )

11) Weather Guru's are picking this year to be like the winter of '97, where I played golf on X-mas day. It was about 20*F here, but i went out anyways, just to say i did. Can I beleive them this year?

12) Why do black golf hats sunbleach brown? They can land a guy on the moon, but they can't figure this out? ;)

13) Is it considered cool to have blades for PW-7 and cavities for 6-3 iron?

14) Gotta bring up Vijay again. He hits it 15 feet from the cup and he's ticked. Is anyone super jealous they don't have his "B" or even his "C" game? :p

15) Are these shrimp done?

16) Is my switch to HX Blue permanent? (Ya right....)

17) Is anyone else craving a croissant right now?

18) Why did I get a subscription to Golf Magazine? It gets to my house 2 weeks after the tournament special it is focusing on is over! CRIPES!

19) Should I read my golf journal that I've kept for the last 6 months, and see how terribly I progressed? How many goals was I short of making? (I had 10 of them)

20) Is anyone else craving the range?

Fin.

R35

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004

As night follows day

2) Is there anyone out there, beside Tiger ("I'm almost there"), that begs to differ on Vijay being #1 in the world now? I mean, cripes, 5 outta the last 6 and 3 in a row.

Earl?

Don't ask, just enjoy.

You are experiencing the reverse of the El Nino effect, known as Le Nino (true story)

5) Why did I buy a black car, thinking it would be easier to keep clean than a white one? :sobbash:

Because black is classy and elegant

6) Is there anything better to drink on a nice day, hovering over the BBQ, than a nice cold beer?

Nope.

7) Will I be a club ho next season? Will this be my break out year to keep all my equipment for at least 365 days as one single working unit?

You'll be a club ho with new blades!

Low-lofted Hybrid clubs to replace drivers

9) Were there any 'trilogies' better than Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Back to the Future? (i'd give a vote for a fourth with the Die Hards, but the second one pretty much sucked.)

The Godfather & The Matrix

10) Will my putter ever get back to it's glory days? (Ya, i've played maybe 10 rounds with it.... ;) )

sure why not.

11) Weather Guru's are picking this year to be like the winter of '97, where I played golf on X-mas day. It was about 20*F here, but i went out anyways, just to say i did. Can I beleive them this year?

sure why not.

12) Why do black golf hats sunbleach brown? They can land a guy on the moon, but they can't figure this out? ;)

So that's why you bought a black car...

sure why not.

14) Gotta bring up Vijay again. He hits it 15 feet from the cup and he's ticked. Is anyone super jealous they don't have his "B" or even his "C" game? :p

yep.

No - turn them over one more time.

Only until they stop making them! (F#$@ing Maxfli A3!)

Yeah, it's close to lunchtime here

18) Why did I get a subscription to Golf Magazine? It gets to my house 2 weeks after the tournament special it is focusing on is over! CRIPES!

Gotta read something.

19) Should I read my golf journal that I've kept for the last 6 months, and see how terribly I progressed? How many goals was I short of making? (I had 10 of them)

Sell it on ebay - it will be worth something to someone

incessantly

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
#9 How bout beverly hills cop and rambo, the second die hard did not suck,
hey guess what , i'm not old enough to watch those movies, darn

:yellow:

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
LightSaberBlades.
Use the Force Luke, use the Force.

rockford35 said:
For a single unit, you need the universal club with adjustable lie angle.
awww.adjustableclubs.com_universal_imag0003.jpg

rockford35 said:
Try saying in French: Die Hard 2: Die Harder
:D

rockford35 said:
Blasphemy!

rockford35 said:
Steamed then cooled shrimps are the best.

rockford35 said:
Pain au chocolat please.

rockford35 said:
Winters are going to be long.......

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004

Seems to be. I don't know about you, but when I get headed in one direction on something like new clubs it's tough to slow me down. I still like the new Mizunos though.

He's been #1 for a while. It just took the computer some time to catch up with reality.

This can be a good thing. My wife likes medium & I like medium rare.

When does summer end?

5) Why did I buy a black car, thinking it would be easier to keep clean than a white one?

Why did you buy a black car???? Why did I buy one? In TEXAS??? What a dumba$$!!!!

I love some of the imports but Texas has two of the best beers anywhere if you like bocks. Shiner Bock and Zigen Bock. If you can get them there on the north pole give them a try.

Once a ho, always a ho.

www.smartswinggolf.com This is a real golf club with computer equip. in the shaft that provides feedback about your swing. If you intend to be a real ho then this too is inevitable.

Yes.

We play at Christmas too. Only it's usually in the 60s or 70s.

The car was a big enough mistake, I'm not about to wear a black hat here.

If I'm not mistaken, it's considered cool to break to par. A guy can dream right?

I'll take his D game.

Are they pink yet?

Yes, until you switch.

www.golfonline.com Buts it's hard to read in the crapper.

Post it here. No one will make fun I promise. :D

always

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Grazo, the effect is La Nina. That's the opposite of El Nino. Close tho. ;)

Gun, good call on Beverly Hills Cop, although the third one was pretty terrible. I was going to include the Aliens Quadrilogy, but the last two made me want to vomit.

Dave, the shrimp were pink. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for having faith in my putter. I'll send to to you when it dies. :D

Loop. Where do you come up with this crap! Gold!....lol.

R35

🔥 Latest posts