• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rickie’s Stache? Yes or No??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
So much talent! Quite a few of the young guns just seem as if they are content making a few million/year in endorsements and a few top 10's. The 'stache needs to go!!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
So much talent! Quite a few of the young guns just seem as if they are content making a few million/year in endorsements and a few top 10's. The 'stache needs to go!!!

Didn’t realize I was digging myself such a big hole with this non moustache liking crowd, Haha!! He does make a rather nice living with top 10 finishes and endorsement deals that’s for sure. But wouldn’t you think somewhere in these guys, winning would be nice too? Because Limp, you’re right. It’s not just Rickie.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Didn’t realize I was digging myself such a big hole with this non moustache liking crowd, Haha!! He does make a rather nice living with top 10 finishes and endorsement deals that’s for sure. But wouldn’t you think somewhere in these guys, winning would be nice too? Because Limp, you’re right. It’s not just Rickie.
I think this is what made Woods stand out. He was never satisfied with a top 10.. a top 5... or runner up. He had a driving desire to win every tournament he entered. These guys today just don't seem to have that same "need" to win. They fully enjoy being on the Sunday leaderboard. They will hit fantastic golf shots clear up to the 72nds hole. But... if they finish in a tie for 5th place, they climb into their limos, are taken to their private jets, and head off to another world's top course to play golf the next week. In the meantime, they will party together. They will laugh with each other about the good shots and the bad.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’m not sure they don’t have the need/fire to win. I think there is a really good group of players that all have a similar skill level. They all seem to be lacking in one area or another. Rory is an incredible driver of the golf ball, as is DJ. They are streaky with the putter. Spieth is an incredible putter but I’ve never seen a pro hit it as crooked at time as he does. Fowler, nothing about his game stands out-just a solid player. In any given week we could see Rory, DJ, Fowler win, or some guy named Berger. Or Colin Morikawa?

I think we’ve somehow forgotten that Woods was just plain better than everybody when he got on tour. And was for a very long time. Do you recall him missing a putt he needed to make? Even now in his 40’s he’s as good if not better than the “young guns”. The question with him is how he is feeling.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Oh and only two men should ever wear a stache: Tom Cruise and Sam Elliot. I guess you could make a case for a 3rd-Ron Jeremy but that might be another thread lol

You mean this Tom "Cruise" ?
magnum.jpg

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
It’s not that I really care so much, just a little bored at home with the kids is all. And there have been some serious lip dusters in history. I totally agree with Elliot, Selleck but there’s one more to add... Clear the track, here comes Shack!! Between him and Lanny MacDonald, two solid hockey staches!!
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1594137862.389529.jpg

🔥 Latest posts