• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rifle project x 7.0s

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
i may be the stupidest ho in the history of golf lol... i just bought a set of nickent 3dx pro irons with rifle project x 7.0s thats telephone pole stiff shafts im pretty sure... and im pretty sure ill have a doozy of time trying to hit them.... does everyone here sometimes buy things that are somewhat beyond their abilities? i mean im sure we all have our moments right? im obviously looking for some validation to my recurring problem of hoing...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
yeah i do sometimes..

but as far as the project x 7.0's, phil mickelson plays them in that flex, so they are gonna be hella stiff..

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
We all do that at times, only a few of us might actually admit it. I picked up my Callaway X-18's a little while back & since I have been hitting my stiff shafted FT-3 pretty well I said to myself..."self, why not pick up some stiff shafted irons?". Wow are these things ever stiff, I am going to have to either reshaft them, trade em or sell em. I really like the profile & I can hit them fine just don't have squat for distance, but I don't need re-bar for shafts.

Unlike Clug, I am a ***** when it comes to swing speed.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I guess all you can do now is wait and try them out. I think people fear the X, I hear a lot of people say that the majority of people play shafts that are too stiff and it hurts their game. What about people that have been playing shafts that are too soft, that won’t hurt their game. I always had people tell me I should be playing stiff flex when I asked sales guys in golf stores or other people for advice. They ask you how far you hit your 6 iron or how far you hit your driver. Then they always say you should play the softest shafts you can control. I have made the switch this year to X flex after seeing what my true swing speed # were on a Vector Launch Monitor. So far I’m really glad I have made the switch from the limited number of balls I have hit with them, I just wished I would have tried them earlier. Not to many stores in my area carry X flex in drivers or Irons to demo.

OP
E

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
for what its worth i got my nickent 20* hybrid with purple ice x flex shaft and i hit it amazingly well... i honestly thought i was going to block or slice everything and i did not. i was really surprised so i am hoping for another good surprise on these. i really hope i do if not ill just sell the shafts or something. im sure someone will be interested in 7.0's lol.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.