• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RIFLE SHAFT FLEXES

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
Since there is such a wealth of knowledge on this board I thought I would ask for some opinions regarding Precision Flighted Rifle Shafts.

I am currently playing irons with DG S300. I am looking at a set of used forged irons that have the Precision Rifle Flighted 6.0 shafts.

Now let me say I had my current irons custom built from TaylorMade and they are 1 inch longer than normal. According to the CPGA pro who fit me that extra inch would make the shafts feel very close to regular flex.

So if I add one inch to the 6.0 flex Rifles would they be comparable to what I play now? I visited the site for Royal Precision and could not find the flex listing for the 6.0 Flighted.

So any info would be appreciated, I have a chance to buy some good forged clubs at a good price, I just do not want to get into changing shafts.
Thanks
Rick

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rifle 6.0's are Stiff+. The S300 match is the 5.5 Rifle. The 6.0's are also 7 grams heavier than the 5.5 which would change your swingweight somewhat.

If you like the feel of the S300's (like I do), then try for a set of 5.5's. The 6.0's are very stiff, I find. If you feel as tho you can turn it up a notch and play with a little more gas, the 6.0's might work. But you might find yourself pulling alot of shots. The 6.0 matches the DG X100 shafts in terms of weight and flex

For comparison:

Rifle 6.0 130 grams, low torque, .370 tip
Rifle 5.5 123 grams, low torque, .370 tip
DG with seniscore S300 124 grams, low torque, .370 tip
DG X100 128 grams, low torque, .370 tip

Hope this helps.

R35

OP
Golfbum

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
Thanks R35

rockford35 said:
Rifle 6.0's are Stiff+. The S300 match is the 5.5 Rifle. The 6.0's are also 7 grams heavier than the 5.5 which would change your swingweight somewhat.

If you like the feel of the S300's (like I do), then try for a set of 5.5's. The 6.0's are very stiff, I find. If you feel as tho you can turn it up a notch and play with a little more gas, the 6.0's might work. But you might find yourself pulling alot of shots. The 6.0 matches the DG X100 shafts in terms of weight and flex

For comparison:

Rifle 6.0 130 grams, low torque, .370 tip
Rifle 5.5 123 grams, low torque, .370 tip
DG with seniscore S300 124 grams, low torque, .370 tip
DG X100 128 grams, low torque, .370 tip

Hope this helps.

R35

Yes it does help Rock, Thanks for the info. I think I have a little gas left in the tank so I could turn it up some. I take a pretty easy swing with my irons now, so I could pump it up a little bit.

🔥 Latest posts