• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Right & left hand handicap

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Anyone ever try to play golf right and left handed?

When I'm working out (which hasn't been very often), I swing a weighted driver in between sets. I have a bad back so I always swing left handed too, to prevent hurting myself. It got me to thinking. My wife is left handed and has some clubs. I wonder what I could shoot left handed? I might just start hitting a few balls with them. Who knows, I might even go as far as to establish a handicap.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

When I'm working out (which hasn't been very often), I swing a weighted driver in between sets. I have a bad back so I always swing left handed too, to prevent hurting myself. It got me to thinking. My wife is left handed and has some clubs. I wonder what I could shoot left handed? I might just start hitting a few balls with them. Who knows, I might even go as far as to establish a handicap.
I oldest son is LH and when we have our at home tournaments I swing his clubs from time to time. It usually isn't very pretty.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country

Uh..No.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I know I can hit lefty (obviously not very well) but I'd like to play a quick 9 to see how it goes. At one point in my life (for a few months) I putted left-handed. I've got a silky-smooth left-handed stroke. <-- who's gonna quote that?

Anyhow, recently there was a pro that hit range balls lefty. He's a fairly decent player... Asian guy... can't remember his name. He claimed that it kept his body in rhythm. There is something to it.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I think most hockey players that shoot left-handed are actually right-handed. That's just how they learned the game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Write and eat left-handed. Most everything else, do right handed or both ways. I can write as well right-handed, just takes lots more time to concentrate. Shoot a gun... pound nails... doesn't make any difference whether right or left. I really think I could have learned to play golf as well left-handed as right. Just started rightie and have stayed that way.

🔥 Latest posts