• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Right loft and shaft for 907

hypergolf

Reaction score
I am planning to get a new 907D1 or D2 but was wondering which stock shaft and loft to get.

I was wondering if 8.5* with a GD YS 6+ shaft should give it a lower trajectory. I was satisfied with the trajectory of my previous 9.5* 905R with Speeder shaft but felt too harsh for me. But the trajectory was really good. How about the VS Proto? I heard that shaft is more for stronger players who are more of a hitter than a swinger...

Will getting a lower loft but a more smooth shaft like YS 6+ balance things out? Will 9.5* vs 8.5* be much of a noticeable difference? Tks.

Creepy. Here is a thread I started about an hour ago:

Alright, I am getting ready to get new clubs, and have decided that I want to get a Titleist 905R driver. I tried out my buddy's (9.5* w/ Grafalloy Blue stiff shaft) and couldn't keep the ball down. Every drive ballooned and then dropped like a rock. I shouldn't be surprised since I currently play with a 7.5*, but I was amazed at how much a little loft could change my distance (every drive was 20-30 yards shorter, even the pured ones).

Then I read that the Grafalloy Blue is made to help people get the ball airborne, so obviously the shaft played a part in the trajectory issue. Now my question is this: which shafts produce the lower, more penetrating trajectory I am used to? I know that the 905R doesn't come in a lower loft than 8.5*, so I am going to have to get a shaft that lowers the trajectory. I understand that kick point and tip firmness play a large part, but I'm not sure what the numbers mean of how the tips affect ball flight.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has demo'd/played with/currently is playing with the Titleist 905R, both positive and negative.

I understand that the easiest way to figure this whole mess out is to use a launch monitor, but the one at the only shop in town is currently kaput!

Thanks.

Creepy. Here is a thread I started about an hour ago:

Alright, I am getting ready to get new clubs, and have decided that I want to get a Titleist 905R driver. I tried out my buddy's (9.5* w/ Grafalloy Blue stiff shaft) and couldn't keep the ball down. Every drive ballooned and then dropped like a rock. I shouldn't be surprised since I currently play with a 7.5*, but I was amazed at how much a little loft could change my distance (every drive was 20-30 yards shorter, even the pured ones).

Then I read that the Grafalloy Blue is made to help people get the ball airborne, so obviously the shaft played a part in the trajectory issue. Now my question is this: which shafts produce the lower, more penetrating trajectory I am used to? I know that the 905R doesn't come in a lower loft than 8.5*, so I am going to have to get a shaft that lowers the trajectory. I understand that kick point and tip firmness play a large part, but I'm not sure what the numbers mean of how the tips affect ball flight.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has demo'd/played with/currently is playing with the Titleist 905R, both positive and negative.

I understand that the easiest way to figure this whole mess out is to use a launch monitor, but the one at the only shop in town is currently kaput!

Thanks.

Hahaha... Creepy indeed...:laugh:

ys-6+ and vs proto are great shafts if you want a good combo of feel/control. two of my favourite shafts.

Get a degree lower than you think for the 907. I play a 10.5 with a mid-high launch shaft in my 905S and hit the 907 with a low launch shaft (tittly speeder) and i hit it higher and most likely longer than my 905S (also put the best two swings of the day on it). Just an amazing feeling driver, more than likely the D2 will be my next driver.

Of all the standard shaft options the VS Proto is the lowest launch I believe..... I hit the V2 high :)

I just demo'd the 907D1 (9.5*, VS Proto stiff) today for the second time but first time outside on the range. I tend hit a higher tee ball (used to anyway, not since switching to my 8.5* NV shafted SQTour) and I found the 9.5* D1 to be about the same height as my Nike. The D1 hit the ball STRAIGHT but I just didn't care for the sound really; it doesn't sound like a Titleist. (the Nike actually sounds more like a Titleist than the D1) I haven't hit the D2 yet but my from what I hear (pun intended) the D2 sounds more like a Titleist.

D2 sounds like, looks like and feels like a Titleist. The D2 is 100x better than the D1 imo.

D2
9.5*
YS-6+ S

It doesn't get much hotter than that.... and you'll have lots of buyers too :D

FYI - The VS proto is a mean shaft, you need to bring it to play it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520