• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Robbed of an eagle!

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
Snuck out for 9 last night. The 9th hole on the course is a 463 yard par 5. It isn't long but is almost a double dog leg with a hill in the middle it kind of bends right then doglegs hard back to the left. If your tee shot isn't in the right third of the fairway you have to go over some tall trees to even get close to the green. From the right side of the fairway it is a pretty long blind shot to try to get on in two. The green has a wicked slope from back to front and bunkers on both front corners and middle back.

I was driving pretty well and decided to take a big swipe, now I'm not a long hitter by any stretch. The drive starts down the middle of the fairway and starts hooking left. I immediately know I'll be in trouble and am going to have to punch out of the trees. Well the ball just keeps going, hits the cart path and goes out of site over the hill--then I hear it hit a tree. I'm fully prepared for the ball to be anywhere. As I walk up to the area I see that somehow the ball hit the tree and bounced forward. I've cut the whole dogleg out and am laying middle of the fairway about 115 to the hole.

Pin placement is front left just behind the edge of the bunker. I take a nice easy PW and stick the ball on the green about 10 feet left of the pin. So I have a ten foot putt for eagle. Now I've made pretty close to this putt before but not for eagle. It is going to break hard right and be pretty quick. I'm really confident in the line and speed.

I step up and strike it, it looks perfect . . . until about half way to the hole my ball flies straight in the air and bounces right rolling all the way off the green. A damn pebble was on the green, must have come with the sand when someone blasted out of the bunker.

So instead of eagle or an easy birdie putt I'm left with an uphill chip out of the edge of the rough with no green work with. Of course I knock the chip past the hole have to put downhill on the wicked green, leave the first one short blow the second one by and barely sneak the third one in for a freakin' 7.

I had been putting pretty well but that damn pebble really got in my head on those last three putts.

Would have been my first ever eagle too.

DAMMIT!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.