• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rocco Fan

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
I knew of Rocco before this, but didn't really pay much attention. I will always be a Tiger fan, but I am now a Rocco fan too. What a class act, went the distance and almost did it. It was his to lose but Tiger was Tiger in the end and pulled it out.

Just watched his post round interview. Very professional, no excuses just gave it his all.

Watching him throughout this tournament, he seems like a very down to earth guy. Someone I could see myself playing a Sunday foursome with.

I'm definately a Rocco fan now!

Robert

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I couldnt agree more. I had heard of him prior to the tournament (I think, the name seemed familiar) but but thats about it. From listening to him talk he just seems like he would be a fun guy to be around, and very fun to play with. You mentioned abot him being a down to earth guy and giving it his all. I think that this is what allowed him to keep it together throughout the week, he didnt care what the rest of the field was doing, he just made sure that he left everything that he had out on the course.

He truly was a very fun guy to watch.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I totally agree. I knew about Rocco before but it was nice to get to see him more and see what a great person he is. I will be rooting for him in the future. I hope he makes the Ryder Cup.

OP
rob0225

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
Well, based upon the news that Tiger is out for the rest of the season, I guess I'm now rooting for Rocco for the remainder.

Robert

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Rocco has had a bad back for a long time and doesn't play in a lot of tournaments each year. I think he has had a few injury exemptions but he has done some tv work when he is not playing and is really good.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Rocco showed alot of character to stick with Tiger for so long with such a limited game. A guy who hits it as short as Rocco and has such a one dimensional game (little hooky draws) had no right to be out where he was and go toe to toe against Tiger. It's a testament to his course management and his focus to stick to his own game that he almost got it done. In the end it was his shortcomings in natural talent that cost him the title (the first sudden death hole just didn't fit his game at all), not any choking on his part. He would make a great Ryder Cup player im my opinion.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.