• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rock - I enjoyed the HX Tour Black

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Friday afternoon I hit the range for about an hour, working on the Tour Tempo stuff and hitting a wide range of clubs...

As I have said before, it is not uncommon for me to find a gem or two in the range bucket as our range and 9th hole are adjacent to each other. Despite two rows of holly bushes between them, if you hit a towering slice from the 9th tee - it will find its way into the range....

About halfway into my practice session, there is a glimmering HX Tour Black in pristine condition sitting in the bucket. Of course, that dude goes in the bag immediately.

I had a spotty round yesterday and dumped one of my Pro V1's into the water in front of a Par 5.

Pissed...I go to the bag and grab whatever is in there - the Callaway.

Dropped the ball in front of the water and decided to hit a low running chip over the pond, that needed to hold and grab as it ran up to the second level of the green.

Worked like a champ. I played the final three holes with the ball and really liked it.

Maybe I will give these a go.....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Boy, I tried a dozen blacks last summer and I didn't like them. I thought they were too hard.

I got to hit exactly 2 blues over christmas before getting rained out and I like them much better, I still have 10 of them waiting in my bag.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Boy, I tried a dozen blacks last summer and I didn't like them. I thought they were too hard.

What too HARD, these balls are like soap I don't playwith them but have played a couple of rounds with them and I found them equally as soft as the prov1, maybe it was just me. Monty is using this ball a long with a dozens of other tour pros they musn't be that hard.

What did you think of the feel bravo?

Well it IS interesting that Sling characterized them as being hard...because it definitely felt harder than a Pro V1....

I liked the way the ball handled around the green and how long it flew but I definitely seemed harder to me.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hey, I'll hit anything, I'm not all that fussy about golf balls, I just thought the blues were better for me.

btw....welcome aboard mediaguru! :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice work.

The Blacks would be my ball of choice if they weren't so damned expensive. I think it's easier to be critical of them against the Blues because of the cost difference. They are longer off the tee, but not by much. And the spin i get off the Blues makes up for the lack of distance.

I'd rather be able to hold a 4 iron approach then have my 6 iron roll off the back. Know what I mean?

But, for 56 bucks a dozen for Tours and 34 a dozen for Blues, i'll take the Blues thanks. Even though I hardly buy golf balls to begin with. Funny how i'm still cheap. :)

Try a sleeve of Blues, Bravo. If you liked the Tours, these are almost the cats meow in comparison.

I have 4 or 5 ProV's in my shag bag. You know, with all my other crappy balls. ;)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have to agree with Rock on this one. Good Gawd, what am I saying. :p

Seriously, the only reason I tried the Blues was because I found a Black and played with it for a couple of rounds. Great balls, just too expensive for me. The Blues do have exceptional spin and that's nice when you spend most of your time trying to get up and down after missing the green.

There is a little distance difference off the tee though. If price were no object I'd be playing the blacks.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
I have to agree with Rock on this one. Good Gawd, what am I saying. :p

Seriously, the only reason I tried the Blues was because I found a Black and played with it for a couple of rounds. Great balls, just too expensive for me. The Blues do have exceptional spin and that's nice when you spend most of your time trying to get up and down after missing the green.

There is a little distance difference off the tee though. If price were no object I'd be playing the blacks.

YES!

My plan is coming together nicely. ;)

R35

Members online

No members online now.