• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory leaving Titleist.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
For Nike? One of my friends at Nike said it's pretty likely, and Jumeriah will have to find another way to endorse him. Nike is unstoppable. They're like Godzilla stomping around Smurf Village.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Expected. My real intrigue is, does this mean Nike lost its hopes on Tiger and its expecting to carry a new "No 1" figure???

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
For their sake, I hope not. Tiger has his own building at Nike HQ.

Then again, so does Lance Armstrong...

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Report came to me today....After Nike dropped Lance they did a very in-depth check into Rory...and he came out squeaky clean....and he was offered and agreed to (and signed) a deal for $250 mil a year.

It appears Tiger was assisting Nike in getting this done and they already filmed their first commercial together which will be aired later as they introduce the new red Nike driver "Threat Identified".

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Report came to me today....After Nike dropped Lance they did a very in-depth check into Rory...and he came out squeaky clean....and he was offered and agreed to (and signed) a deal for $250 mil a year.

It appears Tiger was assisting Nike in getting this done and they already filmed their first commercial together which will be aired later as they introduce the new red Nike driver "Threat Identified".
10 years, starting at $200 million before bonuses.

Oh, and I stand corrected.... Armstrong no longer has a building at Nike. :eek:

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
Does anyone select their golf equipment based upon which pros use them? I think I got a Stan Musial baseball glove back in Little League days (early 1950's) because I liked Stan the Man. I take my golf a whole lot more seriously. I have to feel good with it, and I could not care less what pro uses the stuff I buy. Ping driver, Mizuno MP-58's , three Cleveland wedges, Yes putter, Bridgestone Tour B330 RX, Tour Edge 4 wood and 4 hybrid, Footjoy Spider gloves, Ecco shoes. I think I would be amazed if I ever found someone that had the same stuff. Seems like a Motley crew, but the Project X shafts and Golfpride grips sort of bring them all together. Cypressperch

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Does anyone select their golf equipment based upon which pros use them? I think I got a Stan Musial baseball glove back in Little League days (early 1950's) because I liked Stan the Man. I take my golf a whole lot more seriously. I have to feel good with it, and I could not care less what pro uses the stuff I buy. Ping driver, Mizuno MP-58's , three Cleveland wedges, Yes putter, Bridgestone Tour B330 RX, Tour Edge 4 wood and 4 hybrid, Footjoy Spider gloves, Ecco shoes. I think I would be amazed if I ever found someone that had the same stuff. Seems like a Motley crew, but the Project X shafts and Golfpride grips sort of bring them all together. Cypressperch
Nope, don't play anything real new either. I play CER wedges because I like to grind them and customize them myself so I don't want to spend a ton of money for them.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

Nope, I'm with you on this one. I game what I like and what works for me. I've become quite picky in my club-hoing, I really like to try before I buy. If something catches my eye, I will try it, but if it doesn't work I put it back on the shelf. I also like hunting deals, so if I can find a steal, I'm all over it!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Two pieces of the puzzle have just been confirmed by Nike. The middle shape is obviously Rory. I wonder if there will be a special event (a bit like Apple's annual shindig) to announce Rory coming on board. The guy two from the right could be Noh the South Korean. The one on the far right will be very interesting.

asphotos_h.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_frc1_737164_10151325000533258_1899989206_o.jpg

asphotos_h.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc6_737007_10151325900883258_824372087_o.jpg

🔥 Latest posts