• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory McIlroy Roars at East Lake

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

RORY MCILROY DEFEATED RYAN MOORE on the fourth hole of sudden-death playoff to win the 2016 Tour Championship. And it was dramatic. The Irishman holed out his second shot on the par-4 16th hole for an eagle, climbing the leaderboard and crashing the playoff.

"It was incredible," McIlroy told Golf Channel's Steve Sands. "As I said at the start of the day, all I wanted to do was concentrate on winning the Tour Championship. I couldn't control what anyone else did. I just needed to come out here and play a really good round of golf. I somehow was able to tie it up in regulation."

Firing a final-round 64, McIlroy also won the 2016 FedEx Cup and the $10 million bonus.

"I just wanted to go out here and play the way I've been playing," Rory added. "I've played really well this week and feel like my game is coming together at the right time. Two wins in the last three feels pretty nice."

Kevin Chappell, who tied McIlroy and Moore at 12-under par, was eliminated on the first playoff hole.

Meanwhile, the strong play of Ryan Moore at the Tour Championship and of late earned the Washington native a spot on the U.S. Ryder Cup team. Although U.S. Captain Davis Love III was looking at others, he couldn't pass up Moore, making him the final pick to round out the American squad.

"Ryan fits so well with what we have in place," Love said.

Source: Rory McIlroy Roars at East Lake

🔥 Latest posts