• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory McIlroy: Whistling Straits or Whistling in the Wind?

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
WITH THE PGA CHAMPIONSHIP LOOMING, there's a lot of speculation about the status of World No. 1 Rory McIlroy, who sat out the Open Championship because of a severe ankle injury.

Will Rory be at Whistling Straits for the year's last major? Or will the defending PGA champion be whistling in the wind?

There have been several reports in recent days.

Reuters reported according to a reliable source that "World number one golfer Rory McIlroy has scheduled a Saturday practice round at Whistling Straits."

Irish golf journalist Brian Keogh reported McIlroy was not set for a Saturday practice round at the PGA Championship site, according to Terry Prone, who told Keogh "still going through ankle rehab process."

Reports have also said McIlroy's recovery and rehabilition are "progressing well," and, as is his habit, Rory has published images and video on social media of his ankle and more. He is definitely keeping everyone in suspense.

It would be a shame if Rory missed a second consecutive major and a chance to defend his title, but so would a rushed comeback that risked further injury. More news about his PGA status is expected late this week.

PGA Tickets and Badges

What's your PGA status? If you need PGA Championship tickets or badges, they're still available.

Sponsored by TicketCity.

Source: Rory McIlroy: Whistling Straits or Whistling in the Wind?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Taking Tiger's place as the "wounded One" playing through pain to enhance the fan base. Strike that!! Twas a really rough week and I'm still grouchy. Hopefully, I can smile again before I have to face the pathetic excuse for a contractor next week. I wanted to go back to work to rest up from golf. One week back and I remember what it's like to work with contractors who simply don't give a da** about work ethic, integrity, common sense, leaving behind something you can be proud of. That along with a week in a different hotel that was a complete and total disaster. Why I'm still working? Everyday is a new adventure in witnessing examples of why the gene pool needs a much larger dose of chlorine!!!!

🔥 Latest posts