• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory McIlroy!!

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
Hopefully Weir gets some airtime tomorrow in between Tiger putting on his mittens.

I'll second that!!
You'd think that the network would focus on the best man PLAYING at the moment ... but oh-no ... can't forget Eldrick for a second!!:real angry:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
McIlvoy finished before El Tigre teed off.

<but you you knew that - so please ignore my useless post...>

but you'd think they would at least show some highlights of the kid. If I see that damn tee shot on 1 again from Tiger I'm going to poke my eyes out.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'll second that!!
You'd think that the network would focus on the best man PLAYING at the moment ... but oh-no ... can't forget Eldrick for a second!!:real angry:

Been lurking, Canadriver? Welcome back. I still have a pic of me at St. Andrews I want you to paint. Gotta' save a little cash up though, since I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately. But I still want to commission it some day in the not so far flung future.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks to the guys that straightened out this thread (Bravo included). That's the kind of info I come here for!!

Thanks for the compliment and a big Me Too...when I started the thread I anticipated a nice flow of "insider information" from the Emerald Isle.

Unfortunately for Flomo, he interrupted the disussion and I had to put him in the doghouse for a week so we could all learn about the new Irish Rocket.

I could tell from the swing he was not fluke. I put him on Tivo and looked at it over and over. He's got big time juice and looks too much like Hogan to be a flash in the pan. Hopefully Rory has good parents and good management. If Darren Clarke will continue to mentor him, I will enjoy watching him for years. Both Jack and Arnie put their arms around Tiger at critical junctures and gave him loads of good advice. Darren is doing the same with Rory.

He such a babyface - he looks sixteen to me....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Bravo - you did the right thing. We all engage in a little good-natured stereotyping from now and then (Alabama!). But it's done "tongue-in-cheek" and with some measure of good sense. Flo's comments were venomous, and I hope he can come back with a "kinder, gentler" way about him.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bravo - you did the right thing. We all engage in a little good-natured stereotyping from now and then (Alabama!). But it's done "tongue-in-cheek" and with some measure of good sense. Flo's comments were venomous, and I hope he can come back with a "kinder, gentler" way about him.

Everytime someone gives Alabama a hard time - I just crank up Lynerd Skynerd and rock on.....Sweet Home...

Roll Tide!! We've got Saban!!!! Just 43 days until football season.

I hope Flomo will come back too. He's just gotta play in the fence like the rest of us.

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
Been lurking, Canadriver? Welcome back. I still have a pic of me at St. Andrews I want you to paint. Gotta' save a little cash up though, since I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately. But I still want to commission it some day in the not so far flung future.
No lurking ... just got back in here.

Been busy. Just published a new book [Theology, so it's not everyone's "cup of tea"] and I'm teaching art at a College. Throw some travel time in there and it completes the picture!
BTW I've been writing more than painting lately.:thumbs up:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
No lurking ... just got back in here.

Been busy. Just published a new book [Theology, so it's not everyone's "cup of tea"] and I'm teaching art at a College. Throw some travel time in there and it completes the picture!
BTW I've been writing more than painting lately.:thumbs up:

I think Theology is a fascinating subject. I'm not religious, but I think the study of religions, and how they affect humanity, is a very interesting topic.

Why don't you PM the details of the book? I'll buy a copy

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I know a guy well who practices regularly with McIlroy.He is awesome,simple as that.There have been many child prodigies that have not quite made it (Gordon Sherry for one),only time will tell.Oliver Fisher is another,and that kid mind boggingly good.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Has such a quick transfer...it amazes me how players can tranfer the energy so fast without having an arms swing.

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
I think it's a little silly to give flomarilius a timeout just for having a chip on his shoulder and sharing how he really feels, regardless of how immature or politically incorrect. However, judging Rory based only on what he's wearing is pretty silly too. For all we know, all the people in his town chipped in to buy him some new digs so he'd look good and represent them properly. I really liked the guy.

LGL

Jan 26, 2009
Rory is coming along in leaps and bounds and is a joy to watch. (Mind you , being Northern Irish, I am a little biased)! And all the Mothers love him!

One of these days he'll grow into his haircut as well lol.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Where & how & why would someone dig up a thread which is 18 months old???????????

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
LGL is a noob who hails from Norther Ireland, Rory is a homeboy of sorts.

Perfectly natural. :)

🔥 Latest posts