• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory's 3 iron in lake, ebay worth?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This was never in question. His comment was the difference between the public/press's perception of the 3 iron toss, who would have taken more flack. It would obviously have been Tiger, because he's an asshole. Rory isn't. It's pretty simple.

R35
We don't know that Rory is not an asshole. Once upon a time Tiger was a young witty dude tearing up courses, then came Nike, $, and bitches. Just sayin.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
We don't know that Rory is not an asshole. Once upon a time Tiger was a young witty dude tearing up courses, then came Nike, $, and bitches. Just sayin.
Right on. Tiger was the golden child that could do no wrong once upon a time. The media was to blame for that. Then the media crucified him and drug him through the mud. Whatever sells.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've long avoided the fairytale that the golfer on my TV screen is a Mother Teresa type character. I've even made the quantum leap to assume they sometimes lose their temper. I just enjoy the golf.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I've long avoided the fairytale that the golfer on my TV screen is a Mother Teresa type character. I've even made the quantum leap to assume they sometimes lose their temper. I just enjoy the golf.
Good or bad, a back story gives tournaments more drama. The different personalities add spice to a somewhat boring sport for the spectators. I like having good guys and bad guys. I tune in to watch golf at the highest level but knowing the different personalities adds so much more imo.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Good or bad, a back story gives tournaments more drama. The different personalities add spice to a somewhat boring sport for the spectators. I like having good guys and bad guys. I tune in to watch golf at the highest level but knowing the different personalities adds so much more imo.
Agreed!!! One of the reasons Patrick Reed is one of favorites of the young guns!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Agreed!!! One of the reasons Patrick Reed is one of favorites of the young guns!
Exactly! I guess he's a dick, idk, but the dude is fearless with amazing short game. He makes a great villan and rival to Spieth, who is well spoken and a adored by fans. I love where golf is at right now.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Exactly! I guess he's a dick, idk, but the dude is fearless with amazing short game. He makes a great villan and rival to Spieth, who is well spoken and a adored by fans. I love where golf is at right now.
I'd like to see Tiger play well again and get another major or 4 but I'm good with where the game is as well.

🔥 Latest posts