• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Round 1

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
First Handicap round of the year. Please feel free to share yours and use the format for stats. Include, disclude or add more if you'd like. Even if it's not the 1st round I'd really like to see what other guys are doing.

Course Triggs Memorial Providence, RI
Slope/Rate/Ydg/Par 126/71.9/6302 Par 72
Conditions Wind 10-15 mph. Wet and Muddy

Score 88
FW's 12
GIR 5
Putts 36

Driving Distance Average I kept track of all tee shots other than par 3's. Used markers and approximate distance to the green to keep these stats. I just jotted what I had left in and then did the subtraction and division here at home. I still don't have the Superquad back together so only used 3 and 5woods.

Club 13* 3W 240yds.
Club 17.5* 5W 221yds.

Round Recap

Lot's of wind gusting on the front 9. Had trouble getting into iron range on the opening 3 par 4's, the longest on the course. Putting stank and chipping was less than stellar. Lot's of poor reads. Greens were firm and fast. I actually hit a few more than listed but could not hold them. Irons were not struck that poorly, just tough to judge distance with the wind. Needed to club down more for fades than I did.
Hole of the day was my old "nemesis" par 5 13th. For the 2nd time in a row I blasted a slight draw over the FW bunker. This time I took a 5W from nearly 230 and hit a slight draw just dead on, landed it on the green and it just rolled off the back edge. Misjudged the chip very bad and left a nasty putt. Got it down in 2 for par.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Course:Talamore At Oak Terrace.
Rating, Slope, yardage, par, 71.8, 138, 6715, 71.

Score: 84, (39 out 45 in)
conditions:Great

FW's:5/14
GIR:6
Putts:34

Recap: Driving Accuracy sucked, had 3 3 putts but i made a lot of clutch putts too. Missed alot of iron shots on the back. I just got to eliminate 3 putts and scores above bogey(had 3 doubles and a triple) and i'll be in buissness.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Im gonna go with the most recent handicap round because thats the first card I found :)!

Course Palmetto Golf Course Miami, Florida
Slope/Rate/Ydg/Par 128/72.7/6648 Par 70
Conditions Wind 10-15 mph 25+ gusts. Hard and Dry. Dead Bermuda.

Score 81
FW's 11
GIR 4
Putts 29

Driving Distance was about 250-290 depending on the hole you measure.
Club 15* (1 stroke) 230 on the fly yds.
Club 18* 2IH 220 on the fly yds.

Round Recap

The WGC @ Doral wind still has not subsided and has made life difficult for amateur golfers. Wind gusting everywhere probably around 25mph at the strongest. Opening par 5 kinda got me off focused when I drove left to the 2nd fairway (even though its known as the easier approach) took a 7 iron just to get over the water and found myself 40 yards ahead of my normal distance in a bunker. Put that one on the green and 2 putted for par. Followed that with 3 out 4 bogies on the next 4 holes. Finished the front on a 40 with 1 birdie. 419 par 4 #10 with hidden wind killed me drive. Forcing me to lay up before the water and 2 putt for bogey. Hit a 289 bomb on 12 which was a 451 par 4 into the wind. S****** a 3 iron and ended up with double bogey. 4 bogies the rest of the way home. 11 out of 18 holes are guarded by water somewhere.

If I had to chip from the green and then putt for par after reaching a par 3 in one does that consider as a 1 putt or a 2 putt?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I played in that wind. Monday after Doral at Boca Municipal. Hit water all over the place. Possibly the strongest gusts I've ever played in. It was throwing my driver fades 20-30yds. offline a few times.

Looks like I have some serious short game work to do. I missed a lot of greens but not too many by much, many right on the fringe and less than 3yds. off. 36 putts was just sickening awful for that many chips. I should have realistically had max 30 if I even got half up and down. What really jerks me is hitting a green and 3 jacking it. Did it twice.
icon9.gif

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
We got 4 f'in inches of snow the day before the courses were suppose to open!

Temp 8*.................WHAT THE FECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
First time out and I only played 9 today and shot a 42.

Course: Golf Course in Minnesota. North Links Golf Course in North Mankato, Minnesota. Northlinks public golf club in MN.

Rating/Slope 69.5/117 Distance 6110, par 72.

I drove the ball good today but lacked touch around the greens in both chipping and putting but it started to come around later in the round. Best shot of the day was a 6 iron from about 180 I had to draw around a tree landed 15ft from the pin and I missed the birdie putt. I had 0 birdies today but I did have some nice lag puts today.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
We got 4 f'in inches of snow the day before the courses were suppose to open!

Temp 8*.................WHAT THE FECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A week later and more snow on the way through Montana, Dakotas and Minnesota.....LOVELY

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I played in that wind. Monday after Doral at Boca Municipal. Hit water all over the place. Possibly the strongest gusts I've ever played in. It was throwing my driver fades 20-30yds. offline a few times.

You should have played a 3 wood.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You should have played a 3 wood.

I really should have. Most of my "3 off the tee" shots were with a 3W. Unfortunately I brought my 200steels, which are accurate but are not as long as the R7's. The 13* 3W would have been the perfect club that day.

Mid70s

Apr 12, 2007
Course--Frasch Park Golf Course Sulphur, La.
Slope/Rate/Ydg/Par--114/69.9/6344/Par 71
Conditions--beautiful day, not much wind, course was wet from 2 days of rain

Score--71 (which was 2 over, they had a par5 converted to a par3 b/c of construction)
FW's--6/12
GIR 12
Putts 28

Round Recap-- played well today.....the driver was a little spotty at first but it really came around towards the end of the round...iron play was excellent except for two holes....and my putting finally came around today, this is where i've been really struggling lately (avg 32-36 putss a round), so it was nice to finally make those 4-5 footers, definitely the difference b/w my last few rounds which have been b/w 80-82........overall, a great round considering i had two double bogeys (one on a par 5!!!!)

🔥 Latest posts