• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Royal Precision Project X vsTrue Temper Dynamic Gold

larsotm

May 8, 2008
Rifle Project X flighted vs True Temper Dynamic Gold

Ok what are the pros and cons between these two shafts? I am looking at a pair of the Bridgestone PC irons and they come stock with the PX shafts. I need some feedback, thanks.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
it will all depend on your swing
I'm more familiar with the cons of each shaft because neither fits my swing
the project X are expensive and the dynamic golds feel harsh

if you have an aggressive transition from backswing to downswing, combined with a late release, you may feel differently

the best shaft is the one that fits your swing - what can you tell us about your transition move? (smooth, average, fast?) how about your tempo? is your release of the wristcock early? mid? late? overall strength/athleticisim?

OP
L

larsotm

May 8, 2008
The two sets I own (Titleist 990 & MP-33) have the DG S300 shafts. I have a pretty smooth swing, i guess I can get a little quick on my down swing. Have a pretty high swing speed.

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
I am interesed in what project x I should try out. I have a slow tempo swing. I hit the pretty high with my current S300's. I get some balloning with my long irons. Im getting about 107-109 max with my driver. Should I try the 5.5's flighted or the 6.0 flighted?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
PX feel harsh and unresponsive to me, DGs, even in X100 XXX stiff, feel softer and much more responsive, but I have the swing Rick describes, no writs in the swing, heavy transition and late release. I also hate the fat butt on the PX and the ball flight is to low. The X100 Tours on paper have a tip as stiff as PX8.5, but I can't get the PX airbourne. All depends on your swing as Rick says. Pros don't play the PX for nothing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.