• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rules? For the Average Golfer?

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
Also, grammar and general use of the language is maybe middle school level in the original post. Are you trying to publish that little, "cheating is cool" piece?

Trumb, your situation is more forgiveable, though still against the rules. You didn't go from rough to fairway, you went from unacceptably unkept fairway to fairway.

Munson: why not just pick up your ball after the tee shot and drop it beside the green, and play out from there? If you want to cheat, don't keep score at all.

I have since stopped making that lie improvement but I absolutely hate this rule. Why oh why can this not just be ground under repair??!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I have since stopped making that lie improvement but I absolutely hate this rule. Why oh why can this not just be ground under repair??!

I agree. Horrible rule. A drive in the fairway is entitled to a good, proper lie, IMO. A divot is really a man-made obstruction like a cart path or a sign. Should be granted free relief. Hopefully the rule changes.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
FYI, your first post contained a link which normally we don't let fly. I will let it slide for now since none of your other posts have them, but beware spam does not last long around here and big brother is watching.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Nothing nice to say, spam, saw this exact same post on another board etc. etc. fill in the blanks yada, yada.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.