• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rules Help

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks everyone! And sorry for the confusion fourputt, the second situation is stroke play, not match play. If it was match play I wouldn't have asked the question.

Then in stroke play the player is disqualified for returning an incorrect hole score. Read Rule 6-6. The player is responsible for the score for each hole. If he returns a card with any hole score lower than what he actually took for that hole, he has returned an incorrect score and is subject to disqualification. If he returns a card with a hole score higher than what he actually received, the score stands. The committee is responsible for adding the scores, but the player has to attest to the right scores for each hole.

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
Then in stroke play the player is disqualified for returning an incorrect hole score.
Not in the situation outlined by the original poster. The actual score for the ninth hole was 5 but "45" was written on the card. Since 45 is higher than 5, the player is credited with a 85 instead of a 45.

Scott

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Not in the situation outlined by the original poster. The actual score for the ninth hole was 5 but "45" was written on the card. Since 45 is higher than 5, the player is credited with a 85 instead of a 45.

Scott
If he had signed for a 3 on the 9th, when his actual score had been 4, then he would have been DQ'd.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006

Scott

True. Sorry, I got caught up in the excitement of DQing him and forgot to pay attention to what I was saying. It might as well be a DQ though... taking a 45 on the 9th hole probably doesn't win much....:biglol:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
And where did I say anything different? Did you read the what I wrote? Jeez.....

S-
Don't get your panties in a wad, Buckwheat.
You thought I was responding to you. I should have quoted Fourputt. Sor-effin-ee!

🔥 Latest posts