• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rushing off the Tee

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
The last couple of times I have rushed from the car onto the tee box and then off to the races. It has really hurt my score big time. Esp at my home course the first 5 holes are tuff and can kill a score quickly.
I typically try to get there and put/chip before hand. And let me tell you it's well worth it. I missed several easy puts and flubbed a few shots on the front and didn't really get the game going till hole 7 or so. Ended up firing a 4 over on the back 9 to salvage an ok round.

Anyone else rush off the tee from time to time? I view Golf like anything esle and should have a warm up time. Just wondering what other peoples views on warm up are and what you guys do to warm up?

Major_Hack

Jun 20, 2006
Yes.
The guys I golf with on Thursdays don't like to drive a long way to golf,
and they all are self imployed. So, they go the nearest course for them. They get to the course 1/2 hour before I do. I drive for 30 - 35 min through traffic. When I get there, they are all geared up and ready to go.
I have to hustle and get my cart and shoes on.
Sometimes they are teeing off while I am tieing my laces.

I know what you mean.
It takes 2 or 3 holes to calm down.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
NBGolfer said:
Anyone else rush off the tee from time to time? I view Golf like anything esle and should have a warm up time. Just wondering what other peoples views on warm up are and what you guys do to warm up?

It happens most often when we play during the week. We're all trying to get from the office to the course and there isn't always time to warm up. I don't have a big ritual or anything but a little chipping and putting and a few warmup swings helps alot.

I'd bet going straight to the tee box with no warmup is good for 3-5 strokes everytime.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I play like a dog when I don't warm up. I am just amazed at how horrible my practice shots are on the range....fat, thin, everything in the book including shanks.

15 minutes minimum is what I need - and I like about 25 preferably. Fortunately playing 'stone cold' rarely happens to me as I live 7-8 minutes from the course and get there in plenty of time...

🔥 Latest posts