• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup 2012

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So JMO has made his picks, selecting Nicolas Colsearts over Padraig Harrington. Amazing to see Paddy overlooked, but the big hitting Belgian has played well all year. From a patriotic point of view I would have obviously preferred the Irishman, but hey, that's life. Looking forward to another fantastic Ryder Cup. I think this year is going to be very close, US home advantage might swing it. I hope it ends up being another nail-bitter, the final putt on the final green taking it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Shucks! You guys don't stand a chance! The U.S. Team will blow the Euros away! It'll be over before they get halfway through the singles on Sunday.

If Donald and Westwood, etc. were playing well... Rory is about the only Euro who is contending week after week. Sergio has played well two weeks in a row. Don't know if his mental strength will hold up in Cup type competition. McDowell hasn't performed well lately. Lawrie just won on the Euro Tour, but can he play with the "big boys"??

Plus... we've got the Tiger. Nuf said.....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, score predictions?
I'm saying a 14-14 DRAW!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I will not rise to this bait!
(Quietly confident)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Once a team reaches 14 1/2 points, they win and the Cup is over???? Is that correct? I was going to say it would end up something like 18-10, with the U.S. winning. However, wouldn't it be 15-10, since the remainder of the matches wouldn't count? Do they still play it out once one side has the Cup in the bag?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Once a team reaches 14 1/2 points, they win and the Cup is over???? Is that correct? I was going to say it would end up something like 18-10, with the U.S. winning. However, wouldn't it be 15-10, since the remainder of the matches wouldn't count? Do they still play it out once one side has the Cup in the bag?

They still play all the matches. Since Europe holds the cup now all they need is a tie to retain it.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Correct a draw retains it for Europe! Rarely is it a runaway result, it invariably comes down to the last few matches. I really think it is going to be a close one. Will be very interested in DLIII's wildcats picks! US team looks strong on paper and have home advantage.

One things for sure, it will be a birdie fest!

🔥 Latest posts