• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup Countdown

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So the Road Trip is on to the K Club! I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm bringing my father-in-law who will be 60 next week. Is that a good birthday present or what!!

Leaving on Thursday at 5.45am and heading down for a 9.10am tee-time at Headford for a game with none other than Dave Ireland. Yes, I plan to spend a lot of money at the K Club so I need to clean him out over 36 holes to pay for it all, LOL. We are playing a PM game at his course, Hollywood Lakes after a hearty lunch. That's going to be a long day swinging a club.

Then a celebration (for me!) dinner and onto Dublin city that night. Crashing at a friends after a few creamy pints of Guinness at his local pub. And then heading out early doors on Friday am to join the 45K others golf nuts at the K Club to watch the first matches off.

Will spend the day wandering round in what looks like mixed weather forecasts. Expecting rain, sun and plenty of wind as we get the tail end of a US storm you guys kinds sent our way. Gordon, the fellow's name is.

Looking at the rules and regulations for the K Club...

Get this...
No cameras, no mobiles, no palms / blackberries, no cases, no chairs or boxes LOL, no bicycles or animals LMAO! And I was planning to bring my sheep!

Anyway, full report to follow in due course, just no photos of Ryder Cup action :( . You will have to make do with the photos of Dave's 25 club bag etc.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I am so jealous. It's a shame there won't be any pics but I'm looking forward to your reports. Hopefully they will be reports of great sorrow for you but I doubt it. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IG,

I would appreciate a flowing story of the smells and flavours of victory. I want to know what the grass feels like between your toes. I want to hear episodes of grandeur, of truly epic proportions. I want to be in your shoes. I want to be able to breathe your breath of awe as you see the final putt drop.

And maybe some stories of the Ryder Cup, not just the one with Dave.

:D

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
IG,

I want to be in your shoes. I want to be able to breathe your breath of awe as you see the final putt drop.
R35

IG, just make sure to brush your teeth.
And, really glad you're making it to one the most exciting events in golf. I know what it is to play in team, so it's really a hoot :D

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Sheesh ... you can forget about me feathering yer pocket ahead of the golf fest !! ... I heard IG's golf bag is now sponsored by eBay, I can see him trying to knock out some business on those 45 Sonartecs up my club tomorrow.

With the 2 of us playing some decent golf at the moment it's an odds on certainty his FiL will take the money tomorrow. High winds down here at the moment had the course closed to spectators this morning for a time.

Latest from yesterday's practice round mix and match pairings had the 2 Swedes Karlsson and Stenson birdie every hole on the front side, a few eyebrows were raised with the pairing of Garcia and Olazabal as they seemingly wouldn't be high up on eithers christmas card list.

Most poignant moment was the big bear hug between Tiger and Darren on the 1st, it was truly a tearjerker

Anyways looking forward to IG handing over some moolah tamarra .. none of that pound rubbish .. we deal in Euro's down here .. or I might consider a 23* hybrid if you have one left in yer mobile store that you call a golf bag :d

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Actually speaking of cameras .... Tiger is none too happy as a number of "glamour" photos of his missus have appeared in some local papers here today ..

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Actually speaking of cameras .... Tiger is none too happy as a number of "glamour" photos of his missus have appeared in some local papers here today ..

Yeah, that was from my personal collection! I took those the last time I was over in the US, when Tiger was away playing golf. ;)

OmegaG5

Jul 29, 2006
It looks as though the cameras, phones, and electronic devices kind of stuff is more of a security thing. (Like at airports these days this side of the pond).

There was a report on the news here yesterday with police frogmen scouring all of the ponds and lakes on the course!

The whole course has been closed down tight for the last three weeks.

R.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
There was a report on the news here yesterday with police frogmen scouring all of the ponds and lakes on the course!R.

What a sad world we live in...this tourney should be about pure joy and competition and we have to worry about terrorism...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
So I take it you dumped Kilted's sheep ... thought you were a match made in heaven ... mutton dressd as lamb she was if you ask me ;)

btw . we still ok for tamarra ? ... will probably do buggies in the afternoon ... yeah yeah .. my treat *sigh*

🔥 Latest posts