• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup early rants

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
I'm becoming a fan of Graeme McDowell today after watching him a little. Never really followed him much, and I know he's obviously been great this year, but just seeing him get fired up playing in this today is really fun. He's definitely showing the competitive fire that I like to see in all sports, you just don't typically see it in golf much.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I wonder how Sun Mountain will fare after this? Anyone have their rain gear? Apparently this stuff repelled water like a sieve.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
I wonder how Sun Mountain will fare after this? Anyone have their rain gear? Apparently this stuff repelled water like a sieve.

not me. i use Sunice Gore-Tex. they should have consulted with us Wet Coast golfers.

Grinder

Nov 19, 2009

I was picturing Sun Mountain Execs watching the start of the tourney saying, "Boy, don't our rain suits look great!" An hour later they would be watching with their collecitive mouths agape as there were getting hammered by the talking heads.

I think the bags Pavis selected are worse. They are apparently some kind of leather throw back that got saturated. Pulling wet clubs would be horrible.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Always figure Poulter was a fudge packer. Surprised to see him with a woman.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
What's the deal with Michael Jordan inside the ropes at the Ryder Cup?? Shows what a sham... a ridiculous exhibition... this has become. Mr. Cheetah can bring any of his celebrity friends along for the ride? The golf fans who have paid the big bucks and traveled far to see the matches are "common spectators". Some NBA legend is far more important and gets to tag along with Stevie and the "Chosen One". Maybe MJ has pictures or videos that will tell the story that Elin was paid to keep quiet.....

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What's the deal with Michael Jordan inside the ropes at the Ryder Cup?? Shows what a sham... a ridiculous exhibition... this has become. Mr. Cheetah can bring any of his celebrity friends along for the ride? The golf fans who have paid the big bucks and traveled far to see the matches are "common spectators". Some NBA legend is far more important and gets to tag along with Stevie and the "Chosen One". Maybe MJ has pictures or videos that will tell the story that Elin was paid to keep quiet.....

I don't think Tiger has anything to do with Jordan being there. He was inside the ropes at the last presidents cup-was an assistant captain if I remember correctly- and was also inside the ropes at a previous Ryder Cup. I read that in Golf WOrld, can't remember the year but it was Pre Tiger.

This statement comes off as more of your anti Tiger ranting. We get how you feel about Tiger, but everything that happens in the game that you don't like isn't Tiger's fault!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I agree with Jim. Frankly though, if it WAS Tiger's doing, so what? Yes, a friend of tiger's is more important to the team than a casual spectator. And having a guy who dominated his game, won six world championships, and probably has a great insight into the psychology of winning inside the ropes really shows what a sham the ryder cup has become. Try some pepto bismol, limp.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I agree with Jim. Frankly though, if it WAS Tiger's doing, so what? Yes, a friend of tiger's is more important to the team than a casual spectator. And having a guy who dominated his game, won six world championships, and probably has a great insight into the psychology of winning inside the ropes really shows what a sham the ryder cup has become. Try some pepto bismol, limp.

It's been widely talked about that the US team has issues playing a team game. Whether its true or not who knows but really why not bring one of the greatest team leaders of all time into the mix? Stunt or not, it doesn't affect how I feel about the Ryder Cup or Tiger one bit.

PS-on a side note, while I have not watched much of the Ryder Cup, what highlights and bits I have watched it actually looked like Tiger played decent. If anything it was Strickers putting that did them in...who knows?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Well, I would prefer someone who really knew how to make the shot when it counted, you know? A guy who made a ridiculous number of clutch decisions and who was never afraid to take control when it was down to the wire.

Oh, wait a minute...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'd rather have golf people inside the ropes with the players, people like Clarke, McGinley, Bjorn & even Sergio. Faldo's biggest mistake was surronding the team and himself with non golfing people,,, Faldo had his son and DJ Spooney as vice Captain/Spotters for him ffs, what do they know about Ryder Cup pressure? Someone inside the ropes with experiance and the odd word of advice is priceless in my opinion, something Monty has done well and something Paul Azinger did superbly last time for your team. Can't buy experiance.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'd rather have golf people inside the ropes with the players, people like Clarke, McGinley, Bjorn & even Sergio. Faldo's biggest mistake was surronding the team and himself with non golfing people,,, Faldo had his son and DJ Spooney as vice Captain/Spotters for him ffs, what do they know about Ryder Cup pressure? Someone inside the ropes with experiance and the odd word of advice is priceless in my opinion, something Monty has done well and something Paul Azinger did superbly last time for your team. Can't buy experiance.

Couldn't agree more MG.

Re Michael Jordan, can anyone remember his 1 or 2 seasons when he attempted to become a major league baseballer? Epic fail. Yep, I also question his value to the US team. I would rather seeing someone like Kenny Perry there.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Tiger and Phil shit again, they just can't get it

Overton and Watson were superb, I almost want them to win

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.