• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sad, but true

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Our local golf shop was burglarized last week. $44,000 worth of drivers, hybrids, and fairways taken. Professional job. Front door lock cylinder removed and not found. Alarm was turned on the evening before, but was disabled by... assuming... the hit man. The videos did not show him going back to the alarm control panel. Police are being really quiet as to how he was able to either remotely disable the alarm... or reprogrammed it when casing the store earlier. Mask worn so no visible ID possible. No vehicle seen by outside cameras. Walked through front door about 3 a.m. with large trash can on wheels. Took all drivers, fairways, and hybrids except Pings. Ping drivers are serial numbered. Didn't mess with irons since many of those have serial numbers. Cleaned out lots of Cameron and Odyssey putters. Was inside store less than 10 minutes. Knew exactly what he wanted and where it was.

We are in Kansas. According to police, this guy started hitting golf shops in Texas. Came north and hit shops in Oklahoma City, Wichita, and up to Omaha. Evidently on his way back south when he hit the Golf USA in our community. No evidence left behind in any of the, so far, reported crime scenes. A true professional!!!

COVID has created a boom in the golf industry. Many manufacturers are months behind in filling orders. After many years of used golf equipment not holding much resale, this guy knows he can get rid of the high end golf equipment and make good money.

Sad that there are predators such as this just looking to make quick money on the backs of small businesses... or the insurance companies of these businesses. Too bad one of the store owners hasn't caught him and "accidently" dropped a wedge on his head before calling 911!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sounds like a nee version of Bonnie and Clyde, making their way through the Midwest hitting up local golf stores.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
And...I just got myself a new TM hybrid!

In Ireland!!! :cool:

Wow, sounds like a movie plot alright. I wonder how he is shifting this stuff, maybe stolen to order? You would imaging eBay and Craigslist are lit up right now with "bargains".

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Has there been any update on this? Guy caught, any more shops hit??? It’s horrible, but I gotta admit, I’m intrigued now!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Has there been any update on this? Guy caught, any more shops hit??? It’s horrible, but I gotta admit, I’m intrigued now!
I've heard nothing further. Was in the golf shop a couple days ago. They've already been able to replace much of what was stolen. Good insurance! Good standing with manufacturers.

John Delrio

Oct 22, 2020
Country
good to know they are recovering. Why does it sound like I have heard this before?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online