• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sam Stosur at the French Open

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I watched Sammie beat Serena Williams in the quarters at the French. What a win!! Also, what a lesson for any sports player. In the face of adversity, just hang in because your break will come.

In the 3rd set Williams had gone up a notch & was serving bullets. Stosur was just hanging in on her serve. At 6 - 6 in the 3rd it wasn't looking good for Sammie. Then the cracks came for Williams in the 13th game on her serve & Sammie was able to capitalise on her own serve to win 8 - 6. In the blink of an eye the game changed & Stosur won.

Hopefully there will be no excuses coming from the Williams camp. I remember back in the 80s when Martina Navratilova lost a game fair & square. She later came out & said she had lost because of a virus that was caused by a monkey urinating on her peanuts. :confused:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
OZy OZy OZy Oi Oi Oi!!!!

Great game! I though when Serena had come back for the second set it was all over for Stosur, but she was able to keep up, still don't know how.

For the first time, we are back to some top notch tennis with this year's Roland Garros. Nadal's game was awesome, Melzer's's game as well.

Finally tennis is back to where it should be...

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Well, Sammie has just walked on the court for the French Open final. She has knocked over Henin, Williams & Jankovic on the way. Hopefully she can beat Cacciatore or whatever her name is.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online