• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sand Hills, Mullen, Nebraska

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Had the honor of being invited to play Sand Hills, Ben Crenshaw's masterpiece in Mullen, Nebraska. There is definitely a reason this course has been rated as one of the top 10 in the world. Absolutely fantastic.
A total links experience that rivals anything in Scotland or Ireland. Built on the sand dunes over acquafers, Crenshaw drew out 132 different holes before settling on the 18 that would become the course. Where most courses measure approx 5 miles tee to green, Sand Hills is between 7 and 7 1/2 miles. You can play the course 10 times in 10 days and because of the weather and wind it will be a completely different experience each time. If you would like to see really incredible vistas, google Sands Hills Golf Course and check out some of the reviews and photos. In fact, Golf Digest was there during our stay to do a pictorial for one of their specialty books.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
It was very gratifying to see that Golf Magazine selected Sand Hills as the greatest golf course of the last 50 years. Having had the special opportunity to play this gem I can attest to its raw beauty and challenge.

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Jun 6, 2005
Grew up 60 miles from it and have played it twice. It is a beautiful course. There is another one 40 miles away that is a very similar. The Dismal River Course.

dbwood

Dec 11, 2008
Congrats on getting to play there. I golfed with someone the other day that had just been there and described it glowingly.
I'm going out to Bayside on lake McConaughy 2 weeks from now. It's a Golf Digest 4 star about 100 miles SW of Mullen, links style, no trees. We're also going to hit Wild Horse in Gothenberg. From my house a can be at Wild Horse in 3 hours. Should be fun.

🔥 Latest posts