• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sasquatch by Nike ... anyone?

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
I was in Greensboro during the second week of November and saw the Nike Sasquatch driver in the Grandover Resort Clubhouse. It looked REALLY weird ... but I'd LOOOOVE to try one!:prop:

Has anyone else had a go with this club ... and can you fill me in on it, please?!

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Canadriver said:
I was in Greensboro during the second week of November and saw the Nike Sasquatch driver in the Grandover Resort Clubhouse. It looked REALLY weird ... but I'd LOOOOVE to try one!:prop:

Has anyone else had a go with this club ... and can you fill me in on it, please?!

Yeah it is pretty ugly, however it is a pretty nice club. It is very easy to hit and the ball jumps into the air. It actually reminds me of the R7 HT because it has a shallower but longer face except that it has a nicer feel to it than the R7 does when you hit the ball. I haven't tried the Tour model but would imagine it is similar except for a more boring trajectory.

OP
Canadriver

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
cyberious said:
Yeah it is pretty ugly, however it is a pretty nice club. It is very easy to hit and the ball jumps into the air. It actually reminds me of the R7 HT because it has a shallower but longer face except that it has a nicer feel to it than the R7 does when you hit the ball. I haven't tried the Tour model but would imagine it is similar except for a more boring trajectory.

Thanks Cyber. I hope you don't mind me asking ... but do you have a job testing out clubs [which I would consider an extraordinary position!!]?

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Canadriver said:
Thanks Cyber. I hope you don't mind me asking ... but do you have a job testing out clubs [which I would consider an extraordinary position!!]?

No, I don't but drivers have a very tenuous position in my bag. I go to my local Golfsmith alot as well as demo new stuff at other events like the RE-MAX event. Currently I switch between several drivers depending upon conditions:

Cobra 454 Comp 10.5 degree
Cobra 454 Comp 7.5 degree
Cobra 414 Comp Tour 8.5 degree
Cobra XX Speed 8.5 degree
Bang-o-matic 6 degree

My favorite today atleast is the Cobra 454 Comp 7.5 degree although the Cobra XX Speed may take its place tomorrow.

OP
Canadriver

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
cyberious said:
No, I don't but drivers have a very tenuous position in my bag. I go to my local Golfsmith alot as well as demo new stuff at other events like the RE-MAX event. Currently I switch between several drivers depending upon conditions:

Cobra 454 Comp 10.5 degree
Cobra 454 Comp 7.5 degree
Cobra 414 Comp Tour 8.5 degree
Cobra XX Speed 8.5 degree
Bang-o-matic 6 degree

My favorite today atleast is the Cobra 454 Comp 7.5 degree although the Cobra XX Speed may take its place tomorrow.

Wow! Sounds expensive Cyber!!

I'm very happy with my TM r-5 DW [I get 250 - 270 yards consistently]... and have never really thought of changing drivers according to conditions before. Maybe I don't take Golf seriously enough!:beach3:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Canadriver said:
and have never really thought of changing drivers according to conditions before. Maybe I don't take Golf seriously enough!:beach3:

It isn't as much a seriousness thing to some of us, as it is a collecting thing. For me it really isn't even the collecting...I actually prefer the research and hunt, to the actual capture. It takes me a while before I can pull the trigger on a new deal, although I do have some idiot lapses and buy shit for no reason (like the bridgestone hybrid that arrived today) I doubt this will be in my bag to start the season :(

🔥 Latest posts