• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sausage Biscuit goodness

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Honestly, I too enjoy a good breakfast shake. But Lyle, you forgot the yogurt...

Enjoy a greasy breakfast sausage, too. In fact, I'll eat anything for breakfast. :)
Anything? Chitterlings with asparagus and turnip greens??

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The breakfast of champions, cold pepperoni pizza and beer. Good for what ails ya! :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I havent had any bacon, processed meat of any kind really, soft drinks, or anything of the like for 2 months now. I dont miss it one bit. The first few weeks were tough, it really was very similar to quitting smoking 10 years ago. The healthier diet, 3 day a week weights and 4 day a week cardio have done wonders for how I feel in a mere 60 days. If you can get by the first 2-3 weeks then it only gets better from there.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I bet it didnt taste better.

The shake is delicious, has over 500 calories and is pure nutrition.

Over the last few months of eating really strictly I cant even stomach the though of eating a greasy breakfast sausage. I wouldnt feed that shit to a dog anymore.

Mine is a banana, 3 heaping TBL spoons of yogurt, fresh pineapple, a splash of rasberry juice and some frozen strawberries so I don't need ice. It's yummy.

We made the choice to make some changes about six months ago. I haven't completely given up anything but I've lost 30 lbs. and feel great. I'm convinced you can have just about anything like butter or cheese in moderation if you avoid the processed stuff.

I'm pretty sure my pork fat loving 97 year old grandmother would have agreed.

edit: That doesn't mean I don't think sausage biscuits don't taste great because they do.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Dave, good for you. After 6 months, when I believe I have kicked the habit I plan on lightening up slightly.

Also, you really need some protein and some fats in that shake to slow down the absorption of all the sugars though. The shake in its current form would cause a huge insulin spike.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Its no wonder you are all a bunch of fat asses. For breakfast this morning I had a shake consisting of:

1 cup OJ
1 cup frozen berries (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry)
1 scoop protein powder (30g mango flavor)
1 tbsp flax seed oil
1/2 cup oatmeal flakes
5 ice cubes

Now that is a breakfast meal
Normally do about:
1/2 cup water
A few Ice cubes that sat overnight in the counter ice maker
1 Scoop Chocolate 100% Whey Protein
1/2 Sliced Frozen Banana
1 TBSP Peanut Butter
after weights.

And Carb free Isopure 100% Whey Protein - Vanillla
Water
Ice
and the some of the flavored mix they now make for bottles of water
after Cardio

I bet it didnt taste better.

The shake is delicious, has over 500 calories and is pure nutrition.

Over the last few months of eating really strictly I cant even stomach the though of eating a greasy breakfast sausage. I wouldnt feed that shit to a dog anymore.
The one after weights is pretty damn good, better than a Ice Cream shake, and maybe better than the Biscuits and Gravy I had for lunch. :)

Actually I have gotten away from alot of the fat lately. They sell frickin' incredible Tuna Steaks at out local store that likely cost the same a Burger at McDonalds. Throw them on the grill for lunch.

My weakness all along has likely been throwing gobs of Sour Cream on everything. Greek Yogurt tastes about the same, and I was never much of a fan for yogurt.

Am starting to find a lot of good substitutes for the crap I ate Day in and Day out before. Grinding my own meat, like chicken or turkey, or very lean beef mixed or straight, to replace the ground beef. Just need to find one for the Stoli's I mix with my Diet Tonic and Lime. :emot-ange

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not as fat as my donuts and beer breakfast! :)

I'm not exactly a fat ass though, sorry to disappoint Lyle. I know you like brownie-stuffing big furry man butt, but...

A) I'm not interested.
B) I'm 6'2" 164lbs.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Not as fat as my donuts and beer breakfast! :)

I'm not exactly a fat ass though, sorry to disappoint Lyle. I know you like brownie-stuffing big furry man butt, but...

A) I'm not interested.
B) I'm 6'2" 164lbs.
Yeah, give it a couple years of marriage, then remember this thread when you go searching. :laugh:

Give it the 21 I have, then hope you can remember that far back.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, give it a couple years of marriage, then remember this thread when you go searching. :laugh:

Give it the 21 I have, then hope you can remember that far back.

Couple years of marriage may make me fat, but I'll never resort to letting Lyle use me...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
6'2" & 164lbs??? That's anorexic. I'm 6'2" also & when I get down to 198 lbs I don't like it. Feel best between 205-210, right now though i'm sitting around 225.

Lyle, I haven't had any soda for almost 2 years now & don't miss it 1 damn bit. When we go to eat I order water & of course you get the waitresse who think I do so just because i'm cheap.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm just skinny, always have been. I feel healthier than ever actually, really fit. Riding the bicycle every day, even doing weight-lifting, but just...skinny. *shrug*

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Couple years of marriage may make me fat, but I'll never resort to letting Lyle use me...
At 6'2" and 164 you just won't have the Ned Beatty physique, even after after a couple years. ... but you better watch out for those vagrant Groundhogs with similar ideas. :laugh:

I was 6'1" and about 175 when I played Soccer in college. A Goalie no less, and I looked anorexic, ran 5 miles a day on the off days. Did not own a car. Even now I am 6'1" and about 240 and can just recently see my ribs for the first time in about 20 years.

Just watch out, it can add up fast. I quit smoking and playing soccer in the same week and put on about 60-70 pounds within 6 months. I got up to over 300 lbs at one point. Got back down to 225 about 7 years ago and kept it off until this winter. Got back to around 250 and seriously out of shape. While I am now still about 240, I am in better shape than since shortly after that time when I was 175 in college. At that time, I seriously think it was all about not being able to afford healthier food, and just didn't pay attention. Still waiting for the Muscle to start sucking off the fat right now. :)

edit 1 - btw, on topic, Biscuits and Gravy used to be one of my favorite meals during that time. Just starts to add up.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, I actually will eat healthy.

Small dinners, largest meal is the lunch. Solid breakfast, and make sure to ride the bike. I actually excersize more because it makes me feel more mentally healthy than anything, though.

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Bacon and Cheese on a Sesame Bagel. No egg...whose ever idea it was to put egg on a breakfast sandwich should be shot.

and Breakfast Shakes = Hippie Juice....should have stayed in the 60s.

🔥 Latest posts