• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Saw the other half.......It is nice

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Last week I mentioned that I was going to go see how the other half lives and play at a country club with my boss, our banker and the member of the exclusive club.

Well, the other half lives pretty nice when it comes to golf. We ended up playing Bob O'link up in Highland Park, IL. When I say it was exclusive I mean real exclusive. They have about 40-100 golfers per day. Membership is about 250. Of course the course was in great shape. We rode in carts, but had a forecaddy with us. He would be down the fairway seeing where our drives landed. Then he would rake traps, mark you ball on the green and wipe it off. He would also keep your clubs clean.

My boss did not make it, so we played with just 3. We played $2 skins on the front. I stunk it up as I did not know the greens were rolling at about a 11.5 to 12. I 3 jacked 3 of the first 4 holes. I ended up shooting 43 on the front. Then we upped the skins to $5. They probably felt like they got hustled as I shot 37 on the back. I pocketed $63 for my trouble.

Oh BTW, Mike Dikta played in the group behind us for the last 9 holes. He has trouble walking these days.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Mike Ditka is my role model! But I can understand the walking problem--he must be due for a couple of new knees.

OP
gpo

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Forecaddies do speed up play. This club was about as old school as you can get. I doubt women ever set foot much on the gounds. I am not saying I am for that I am just stating what I saw.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Forecaddies do speed up play. This club was about as old school as you can get. I doubt women ever set foot much on the gounds. I am not saying I am for that I am just stating what I saw.

If it's old school, women are probably allowed only on Tuesday. Time for them to catch up with the 21st century.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
If it's old school, women are probably allowed only on Tuesday. Time for them to catch up with the 21st century.

If I could take off work every Tuesday to play golf, I would be a very happy girl. Ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I got to play at my sister's Father-in-law's ultra-exclusive place. It's just as you described. Augusta-fast greens. Beautifully kept. Nobody there.

They absolutely don't allow women at any time to play there. They don't even have ladies bathrooms. They saved on not having to put in the extra plumbing. :D

Sweet gig if you can get it. I mean afford it.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks for the reminder, I gotta get a Powerball ticket on the way home tonight.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
They absolutely don't allow women at any time to play there. They don't even have ladies bathrooms. They saved on not having to put in the extra plumbing. :D

They also saved a bunch on those creepy tampon vending machines, as well!:thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online