• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SC Studio Select vs SC Studio Style

Studio Select vs Studio Style

• SC Studio Select

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SC Studio Style

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I chose the Studio Style only because I have not hit the Select yet. I may be in the minority here, but I love the GSS inserts. I have one on my Studio Style Newport 2 and my Red X2 and really love the feel of the GSS insert for distance control.

That being said, I love the concept of the select. Its the first time Scotty has produced all of the Newport styles in multiple lengths. The adjustable weighting would allow me to build up the head weight regardless of length purchased. The only drawback, for me, on either series is the lack of a center shaft option.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I picked Studio style because that's what I have. I like the way the GSS insert looks. I have not hit the studio select though.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I've got a studio select (35" 340 G) on the truck and will be able to make an informed comparison after next weekend.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I've got a studio select (35" 340 G) on the truck and will be able to make an informed comparison after next weekend.

So much for getting rid of your off the rack Scotties. :D

I will have to go to either Edwin Watts or Golfsmith and see how the Select feels one of these days.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
So much for getting rid of your off the rack Scotties. :D

I will have to go to either Edwin Watts or Golfsmith and see how the Select feels one of these days.

Well...you know my history. These studio selects have a high toe and that suits my eye. I'll have to regrip it to put a Baby-T on it. I've got a good feeling about it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.