• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

scored a hybrid, but....

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So your head is .370, right? ;) Since your description says the fairway shafts are .335 and the hybrids .370..

Just curious, because I was tempted to shim a fairway shaft into a hybrid head.. Didn't know if that is what they did too.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Looks like he is only hitting it off the tee. Or that is the main focus

edit: looks like i'm late to the party. He just answered it.

Yeah,thats what I figured. I use mine for some of the 200+ par 3's I play on, and for par 5 approach shots to the green. Mine is stop and drop, and I'd be pissed if it rolled out.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So you got the fairway shaft, and cut it down? How much did they tip it, do you know?

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i saw it raw, it was about 44". and i only know this because he put it up next to my original metal shafted setup, and i could see less than 2" was being cut.

all the info is in that link for Harrison in an earlier post.(go to Graphite>Impulse TR)

lastly, NOT happy with the grip. i asked for a medium Lamkin Crossline. way big for me.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
Yeah,thats what I figured. I use mine for some of the 200+ par 3's I play on, and for par 5 approach shots to the green. Mine is stop and drop, and I'd be pissed if it rolled out.

I've made sure everything but my Driver and 3 wood are stop and drop. I'd be pissed if my 3 hybrid rolled more than 220. I know how you feel.

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
I've made sure everything but my Driver and 3 wood are stop and drop. I'd be pissed if my 3 hybrid rolled more than 220. I know how you feel.

i have a 3 hybrid too, but this is a 1 hybrid we're talking.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
Come one Adam READ, I was being sarcastic. It's ok....

I hope the 1 hybrid works great for him.

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
no worries here.

so, i just regripped it. that Lamkin mid size, didn't like it. found a GolfPride standard size with a Cobra stamp.

regripped.jpg

i think i'm good to go, haha!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Looks like a great set up NVM. Who needs a 3 wood when you have that. :thumbs up:

buykrux

May 15, 2009
i want it to roll because it's for hitting off the tee box. if i can effortlessly hit 230-250, that's gold for 90% of any par 4's i know. i had the shaft cut to 42.5", so not much was cut off, as it's specifically a hybrid shaft.

btw, the flight of the ball is scary penetrating. you can tell it's going to roll when it lands.

well its a 16* hybird!
i had a sonartec 17* with a s400 and the thing got maybe 25 feet off the ground from the fairway but it trucked down the fairway
good on windy days and that was about it
i hate hybrids lol

🔥 Latest posts