• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotland..

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
This is a view from my home course in Scotland - Peebles, in the Scottish borders - about 25 miles south of Edinburgh.

It's a cracking wee course, set in the hills over the Tweed valley. It's a fairly short set-up, but the hills and dog-legs make it a delight to play. And pretty good views as well.
Golf - Peebles 8th.jpg

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I've 'done' Inverness several times,Nairn,Elgin,Strathpeffer etc etc and loved every minute.I disliked Dornoch because it took 6 hrs and Nairn was my fave.

nice view btw

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
dave. said:
I've 'done' Inverness several times,Nairn,Elgin,Strathpeffer etc etc and loved every minute.I disliked Dornoch because it took 6 hrs and Nairn was my fave.

nice view btw

We were lucky at Dornoch - we got the 1st t-time of the day when we played and, as a two-ball, went round in about 3 1/2 hrs. We still had to let a local 3-ball through - the locals seem to fly round that course! After we finished and were having lunch, we saw a couple of coachloads of Americans turn up and thanked the heavens we weren't behind that lot.

Nairn was great, but I think I preferred Dornoch marginally - possibly because I didn't have any time troubles. How the hell did it take 6 hours?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Did ya get a free drop off that green Kilted ... no doubt you were playing the 9th ;)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Cheeky bassa!

Good to see ya ma boy ... and thanks a lot for the pics of our thrashing in Headfort ... still haven't recovered, a great day out - mucho gracias for the effort you put in to come over and play

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.