• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ok, I played a round today with the Circa 62. I love the Charcoal Mist finish. Mine has Winn oversized grip on it. Ugly as sin, but feels great on the green putting. The Circa 62 is a solid piece of milled carbon steel, no insert like my Studio Style Newport. This one has a much more solid feel to it which I like. granted, all round long I was either blowing them by the hole, or leaving them short trying to make certain I didn't run it past. The ball really jumps off the face of the Circa's solid carbon steel body compared to the Stainless Steel body and 303 GSS insert, (whatever that is) of the Studio Design Newport which has a much softer feel to it. Both are very nice in their own rights, but I think I prefer the solid feel of the Circa 62.

I like the sight/alignment dot on top better than the line down on the flange of the Studio Design Newport 2.5. Granted, the Studio is prettier, shiner and newer looking, but I seriously think I prefer the finish and feel of the Circa 62. This one has a solid chance of becoming my gamer. Granted, there is probably a trip to the Scotty Custom shop for a refurbish and custom paint fill and a new midsize orange dancing Custom Shop grip. But I really like the feel of this one. Anyone looking for a blade putter should seriously consider dropping the coin on a Scotty Circa 62. They hold their value better than most putters, and IMHO, they are a very solid, very well made and balanced putter.

Link to pictures of the Scotty in question.
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/pictures/20759-new-toy-arrived-today-circa-62-2-a.html#post240963

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm excited to get my Circa 62, I want to see how it performs.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm excited to get my Circa 62, I want to see how it performs.

I bet you will LOVE it, I'm really stocked about this one, once I get a chance to hit the practice green and figure out how it rolls the ball. The solid Carbon Steel body made a lot more of a difference from the insert of the Stainless Steel Studio Design Newport with the insert than I was expecting. The ball really pops off the face of the Circa 62.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Like I said, it feels just really solid and very well balanced. On short putts I was overly stressing blowing it by the hole because of the difference between it and the Studio Design I was used to. But once I get used to it, I can see me preferring it totally. it really feels great, to me anyway.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played my tournament today with the Circa 62 #2. I really like this putter. VERY SOLID feel to it. The sight dot on top definitely helps me more than the line on the flange of my Studio Design. I'm not going to lie and say I putted lights out, but I one putted 3 times today, and only 3 putted twice, and both of those were due to lip outs. This was a definite improvement on my putting in a tournament. I'm definitely more accurate and confidante with this one. Is it because of the sight dot on top or the lack of a insert, or maybe the charcoal mist finish? Who knows why, but for now the Circa 62 is my gamer. Now to just get this UGLY grip replaced. :thumbs up:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Got it yesterday in the mail...right after I got back from a round. :biglol:

I couldn't resist though so I went and tried it out on the putting green at the course I live by. I really like the feel, especially on short putts. Long putts took a little getting used to, but its still a nice solid putter.

It'd be bagged if it wasn't for the Pro Platinum being on fire yesterday.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.