• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty Cameron Squareback

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
The Wife and I were going to forgo significant X-Mas gifts for each other, but thanks to the camera threads I was telling her how the lenses she has for her Canon film camera will fit on the Rebels, and she got interested. I told her she should pick out a camera for a present, and she asked me what I would want.

I think I like the look of the Scotty Squareback, however, I have only seen it online. Being a lefty is also going to be a problem as I will most likely have to order and pay for one before even trying it.

Has anyone seen one in person or hit a few putts with one? I've always been a mallet guy. I have never used a blade because I do not like the top look of a plumber's neck putter. The plumber's neck makes me feel like I'm am hitting the ball off the heel of the putter, and believe me, that's the last feeling I need with my stroke.

The Squareback is intriguing because it appears to be part mallet, part blade, and does not have the plumber's neck, but instead what they are calling a "double bend with 1/2 shaft offset".

Also there are a couple for sale on Ebay for less than $299. I've seen mention here that some Ebay Scotty putters are fakes. How can you tell?

Kevin

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I had one briefly...very nice putter. Great feel, crisp sound off the face and easy to line up with it being square. I sold mine as I've gone back to a long putter, I was considering buying the heavier weights and extending it but thought it was too much like hard work :) The only bad note on the putter is that the headcover is the standard Studio Select one and it's a very tight fit.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
they are nice.. customer was int he shop with one- new grip.. we went and putted a little outside to see if i needed toadjust the lie. so of course i tried here out. good setup feel, weight, looks -- solid putter..

🔥 Latest posts