• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

I just need some input from some scotty users and enthusiasts. I purchased this putter in very good used condition. I didn't get a steal but I think it was a good price.

A buddy of mine let me borrow a studio style newport 2 for 3 rounds because my current putter is bent at the neck. I liked it and i found one exactly like it for sale, weight and all. I pulled the trigger on it because I've always wanted a scotty and I needed a putter. Its a done deal but I want to gauge how I did on the price.

If you were in the market for one for whatever reason, what would be a decent deal for probably a 8.5 out of 10 (10 being new)?

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I have a 1st of 500 of that putter. Great stick. I would say in the condition you describe probably 150-175. But, if you putt well with it and you got exactly what you were looking for then don't sweat it if you paid a little more. I actually sent mine in to the Spa (what Cameron Enthusiasts call sending it in to Cameron for a little customization). And got this back.
A007035a.jpg
A007035c.jpg

OP
S

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Damn that thing looks sweet. I paid 135 with shipping, and there's not really a scratch on it. It was used for less than 15 rounds. I've seen some at the same price without shipping, but they didn't come with the headcover and divot tool. I was surprised when i found that mine would.

I am about to redo the paint fill myself. Hopefully it comes out pretty good. Goin with translucent (like the selects) garnet, and black. I'll post my results good or bad when i'm done in probably two weeks. I can't decide if I want to fill the outline of the insert or not. What do you think?

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Damn that thing looks sweet. I paid 135 with shipping, and there's not really a scratch on it. It was used for less than 15 rounds. I've seen some at the same price without shipping, but they didn't come with the headcover and divot tool. I was surprised when i found that mine would.

I am about to redo the paint fill myself. Hopefully it comes out pretty good. Goin with translucent (like the selects) garnet, and black. I'll post my results good or bad when i'm done in probably two weeks. I can't decide if I want to fill the outline of the insert or not. What do you think?

I wouldn't color around the insert. That isn't actually paint but an elastomer substance. I wouldn't take a chance at causing a negative reaction. The elastomer absorbs some vibration. Also resist the urge to remove the insert as it will ruin the elastomer and will need to go to Cameron to fix.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I used to have that exact putter. Best feeling putter that I've ever owned. I couldn't hit sh!t with it. Played in a tourney, day 1 I had several 3 putts and and a 4putt and shot somewhere in the low 80's. Got p!ssed and traded it in on a redX at the proshop. Went out on day 2 and shot 2 over, putted like a champ.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
My first Box Set of clubs ($129 at The Sports Authority for full set of clubs and bag) came with a putter that looked just like that Cameron. Sorry, I don't get the hype.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
My first Box Set of clubs ($129 at The Sports Authority for full set of clubs and bag) came with a putter that looked just like that Cameron. Sorry, I don't get the hype.

Its all about balance and feel shaped into any form you want. It's not about that Ping Answer style shape, it's the metal being used. Just about every brand copies that style. Do you want to wear a condom made out of cellophane?

OP
S

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009

I'm not sure a $7 dollar putter that looked like a cameron makes for an adequate comparison.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm not sure a $7 dollar putter that looked like a cameron makes for an adequate comparison.

It can be a good comparison if you putt lights out with it. This Scotty Vs. other putters has been beaten to death though.

Personally I love Scotty's, the look, feel and balance of them is superb and I think you got a great deal on that one you bought. Now the million dollar question becomes how well you will putt with it!

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
It can be a good comparison if you putt lights out with it. This Scotty Vs. other putters has been beaten to death though.

Personally I love Scotty's, the look, feel and balance of them is superb and I think you got a great deal on that one you bought. Now the million dollar question becomes how well you will putt with it!

That is an great deal. I concur that you should steer clear of taking it apart and painting the insert, use it first then decide what to do with the visuals. The only problems with sending it to the Cameron "Spa" is it friggin' expensive.
Also, it's the "Arrow not the Indian" argument. I have been hooked on the look and "feel" of Camerons since my first one in '98, but I still think that I can putt with a piece of poop tacked to a limb... The USGA just won't allow it... haha

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Here is the bottom of it. It is in Cameron's authentication database as A007035. It was a special spa treatment called Peel out Purple from 2006. I really like this putter. I keep thinking about either selling or putting my Cameron 009 CT on display and gaming this instead. I have 4 Cameron Tour issue only putters including one that belonged to Dottie Pepper and probably like this retail non-tour one best. You have a great putter there and got it at a great price.
A007035b.jpg

🔥 Latest posts