• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scramble Rules

horstmc

Nov 14, 2006
While I understand that you are allowed a "club length" to spot your ball in Scramble, does that also allow you to use that club length to move your ball away from a tree?

ie move the ball laterally so that the tree is not in the way of a shot to the green?

Thank you

CedarGreen

Generally speaking, the scrambles that I play allow one club length but you cannot change playing surfaces. For example, if one club length would move you into the fairway from the rough, you would have to stay in the rough. Same for sand, tall heather, etc.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Try these for distance.
Volvik Crystal Golf Balls

I hit one of these at the range that I found in a bucket. Damn thing took off like a rocket. High and far. Looks like they're fairly cheap too.
I'm playing those now. I like the ball a lot. Goes far, spins OK. It's a bit hard feeling on the putter. Limpalong pointed out that there seems to be a QC issue with the balls. Some of them go real far, and some seem short. Like they don't control the compression real well in the manufacturing process. I have noticed that some of the used ones I bought do seem to play short, but I chalked that up to the fact that they were used.

🔥 Latest posts